Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we're turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It's a view that's shared by our 10,000+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that's always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it's why we're the UK's No. 1 choice for business waste management.
Help us make a difference as a Waste Operative based from Milton Keynes. The Waste Operator will be Operating machinery which include Forklift, Llop, Counter balances, Compactor and Balers. The Waste Operative will effectively and efficiently process waste whilst ensuring all health and safety procedures are adhered to. Each material is to be processed as per the guidelines and all data to be captured and recorded accurately.
37.5 hours per week (Immediate starts available)
Night shift - 10pm - 6am
Overtime will be available
A quick look at the role.
- The Waste Operative duties will consist of the following:
- Processing of various waste materials which are presented at each campus
- Capturing and recording all data accurately as required.
- Sorting waste into appropriate streams.
- Operating machinery which include Forklift, Llop, Counter balances, Compactor and Balers.
- Upholding all Health and Safety and company procedures
- Signing in at the beginning of every shift and signing out at the end of every shift at the appropriate campus.
- Reporting Accidents, near miss and incidents in a timely manner.
- Reporting any issues to the Team Leader, Supervisor or Contract Manager that could impact the operation.
- Ensure correct PPE is always worn whilst on site.
- Customers site policy and procedures are adhered to at all times in line with Biffas.
- Promoting a positive safety, health and wellbeing culture at site
- Ensuring a good customer care and positive interactions with customers, drivers and other stake holders
- Maintain housekeeping to the safe and high standard that Biffa require
Here's what we require.
- Operative will be punctual and will be expected to start their shift on time.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent Teamwork skills
- Flexibility will be required to ensure workload is completed
- Speed and accuracy in completing tasks
- Maintaining integrity
- Able to work well under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Able to manage varying levels of workload
- Able to read and write in English
- Basic understanding of different waste materials
And here's why you'll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching - because if you don't grow, we don't grow.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It's why you'll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.