Overview About The Bancorp
With more than 20 years of demonstrated success, The Bancorp is a trailblazer in the financial services industry. We provide nonbank companies with the people, processes, and banking technology needed to meet the unique needs of our clients ranging from entrepreneurial start-ups to those on the Fortune 500. Our Fintech Solutions, Institutional Banking, Commercial Lending and Real Estate Bridge Lending businesses help our clients transform their businesses with banking solutions powered by cutting-edge technology and a partner first perspective. As a result, The Bancorp is an industry-leading provider of reliable technology-forward solutions. We foster a welcoming environment to cultivate collaboration that drives innovative solutions. About The Department
Join a dynamic team that provides assurance by assessing and reporting on the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes designed to help the organization achieve strategic, operational, financial, and compliance objectives. Grow your career as a Staff Auditor with an innovative bank that provides excellent learning opportunities and growth potential. About The Role
This person will conduct financial, operational, compliance and informational security audits within The Bancorp business units. One moment you might be planning an audit of operation controls for our Institutional Banking group, the next performing data analysis on results and drafting audit reports and the next supporting the bank culture of compliance by remediating outstanding issues. This role is for the professional with a strong sense of compliance that endeavors to make an impact within a mid-size bank at the forefront of the FinTech industry.
Responsibilities Work Arrangement:
This is a hybrid role, working 2 days onsite in our offices. What You Will Do
- Learn under the direction and guidance of experienced Internal Audit department leaders.
- Determine purpose, scope, and approach to identify gaps and opportunities to strengthen existing controls and mitigate organizational risks through a risk-based audit process.
- Research issues and make meaningful recommendations to improve operational processes and procedures and mitigate exposure to risk and fraud.
- Develop strong relationships with all levels of employees within the bank to ensure that company risks are openly discussed and addressed with a focus on problem solving.
- Recommend appropriate and pragmatic solutions to mitigate risks and strengthen controls.
- Track findings to ensure management adequately addresses identified risks and controls weaknesses.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications Skills Needed for Success
- Undergraduate degree in a business-related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two years related auditing experience.
- Professional certification or working toward certifications such as CPA Certified Public Accountant, CIA Certified Internal Auditor, CRMA Certified in Risk Management Assurance and/or CISA Certified Information Security Auditor.
- Broad working knowledge of audit practices and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Background & EEO Statement Working at The Bancorp and Benefits Information:
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, education, employment, OFAC, and social media background history.
The Bancorp is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender, identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or other protected category with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment.