UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Youll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Support review and validation of internal/external deliverables related to federal risk adjustment and high-cost risk pool programs
- Calculate and distribute risk scores for various group major medical products (ACA and non-ACA)
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis needs
- Communicate with management regarding data explanations, findings, and recommended improvements
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, IT, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Basic level of proficiency working with database query tools, such as SQL, SAS, R, or other query tools
- Basic level of proficiency working with MS Excel
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment. Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual.
- 1+ years of experience in the healthcare insurance industry with exposure to medical claims data
- Experience in prioritizing work on multiple complex assignments with ongoing deadlines
- Intermediate level of proficiency with R or Python for performing data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in writing and verbally to individuals and groups
- Familiarity with using version control software (e.g., Git and GitHub)
- Shiny, Tableau, or Power BI development and data visualization techniques
- Willingness to adapt to a continuously changing environment with changing priorities
We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm) Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, youll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.