RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting on behalf our Worcestershire based client for a Specialist Technical Support Level 2 to provide a high level of technical support to both internal customers and external customers ensuring the department is offering the best level of service in terms of ICT services, specialist applications and equipment.
This is a full time, permanent position and offers a starting salary of £27,432.
- Provide level 2 and 3 technical support capability, to carry out appropriate customer problem solving activities, including invoking external support as necessary.
- Deliver an effective, high quality service to the organisation and all its customers.
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly on recommendations and action plans for resolution.
- Manage and work with suppliers/partners to deliver an effective and efficient seamless service provision as required.
- Provide required documentation to the prescribed standard for the service teams and ensure any change in procedure and/or documentation is available to relevant parties at the earliest opportunity.
- Help to create new knowledge base articles to share information for reuse throughout the team and customer base.
- Diagnose faults with technical systems and take appropriate action, escalating as necessary ensuring proper recording, investigation, identification and resolution.
- Maintain/enhance working knowledge of emerging technology and industry best practice, gaining knowledge and expertise through hand-on experience, self-study, and other agreed learning environments.
- Technically support the operation and control of the ICT estate as required to maintain, deliver and support IT services and products to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
- ICT (Level 4) professional qualification or equivalent ICT qualification.
- ITIL certification in IT Service Management, or similar.
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry Best Practice and relevant guidelines such as ITIL v4.
- Knowledge of relevant IT technologies and applications their use and application.
- Demonstrable knowledge, acquired through hands-on experience, in a specialist technical support environment for both hardware and software.
- Experience of supporting a diverse user base on both hardware and software related issues.
- Complex issue triage, problem investigation and coordination to closure including major incidents.
- Experience of Microsoft Products, Network, VMware, Storage and Back-up, Storage and various OS environments, Business Applications.
This role will be subject to vetting and the successful individual will be required to obtain and maintain these clearances.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them to ourselves. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay up in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.