To provide diagnostic ultrasound services in a hospital and/or clinical setting, to include OB/GYN, abdominal, and vascular superficial structures. Clerical duties as required. To perform all duties in a manner which promotes team concepts and reflects the KPNW Mission and philosophy.
- Performing diagnostic procedures, using knowledge, skills and abilities required for age of patient served to include: Routine, emergent, portable, surgical examinations in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Communication with Radiologist.
- Assist patient/transport.
- Exam review. File work. Restocking supplies/cleaning. Quality Assurance functions. Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an CAAHEP Accredited Ultrasonographer Program at time of hire or 2 yrs previous Ultrasound experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Certificate - Abdomen from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers OR Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Certificate - Ob-Gyn from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Sonography Technologist License (Oregon)
- Basic Life Support within 1 months of hire
- Daily use of diagnostic equipment, Imaging and health care computer system.
- Demonstrates customer-focused service skills.
- Ability to use and apply excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum one (1) year experience performing Ultrasound exams, preferably within the last three (3) years.
- Vascular Ultrasonographer experience preferred.
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) ARDMS certification.
- Organizational skills, time management, prioritization, planning; attention to detail; problem solving, decision making, judgment; technical skills; initiative; communication, interpersonal skills, customer relations, organizational relations.
- Adaptability; following Policies and Procedures; flexibility.
- Able to work unsupervised and perform exams independently and confidently.
- Position eligible for annual floating bonus per contract language
- Float position covering SKY, NLR, ECG locations.
Job Schedule: Job Category:
Imaging & Radiology