Senior Software Engineer - £90,000 + Bonus + Package - Hybrid, UK
This role does not provide Sponsorship
Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe's leading entertainment brand. Our people make us a truly exciting and inclusive place to work - a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data with us is about building the next and the new. We never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here. What you'll do
We are currently seeking a top performing Senior Cloud Engineer to join our FinOps Team and will be focused on helping to architect, engineer, innovate and mentor squads of engineers for our extraordinary cost reporting dashboards used with our global partners. Group Communications & Infrastructure
Looking to be part of non-stop innovation? Join our Group Communications and Infrastructure team and you'll work alongside authorities in broadband, telephony, mobile, cloud and infrastructure. We're the team that designs, builds, supports and maintains the networks. Together, we help broadband, mobile and TV enter new markets by creating a single and secure infrastructure for the amazing content and services that keep our customers coming back for more.
What you'll bring
- Contribute code to continue improving our cost and configuration reporting capability across our cloud environments (both public and private), drive towards automation of everything.
- Working closely with Principal Engineers you will help enable innovation through continuous integration and continuous deployment across technology stacks and demonstrate standard methodologies around advanced cloud solutions
- Work in partnership with the Platform DevOps teams to design and engineer innovative cloud platform solutions.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and other business units to manage expectations, assess work, understand key requirements, and how to progress work towards successful delivery
- Guide and mentor more junior engineers to ensure they understand business and technical requirements and can deliver effectively
- Provide product level oversight of solutions within the Cloud Finops team to ensure products can be engineered in a mature and pragmatic way aligned with other areas of the team.
- Experience as a "hands on" AWS, GCP, or Azure DevOps engineer in an enterprise environment
- Validated knowledge of AWS, GCP or Azure cloud platforms and tools
- Experience with multi org architectures and governance at scale (AWS Organisations/GCP Org)
- Experience with developing high and low level designs for serverless cloud architecture with strong documentation skills
- Has experience in delivering, designing, or refactoring cloud native solutions beyond IaaS.
- Experience with Cloud Services and their cost models
- Experience with software development and object orientated programming model with proficiency in at least one programming language, ideally Python.
- Experience in event driven architectures
- Experience with software testing and at least one testing methodology.
- Experience with scalable web application architecture and engineering concepts such as microservices, REST, and APIs
- Experience with testing code and writing tests
- Experience with Infrastructure as code, ideally Terraform
- Experience with automating tasks with CICD tooling such as Concourse
- Experience in source and version control methodologies and technologies, ideally Git.
- Good knowledge of repository management, managing CI triggers, managing git history
- Solid grasp of Agile and DevOps principles
- Experience in breaking down tasks, refinement, story pointing, and managing workloads between team members
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to the perks. Here's a taster:
How you'll work - hybrid working
- Home Entertainment package
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Subsidised costs when in office, Food, Entertainment, etc
The world has changed. And so have we. We've embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home.
You'll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Please apply to the role by registering your interest by emailing me at or reaching out via LinkedIn "Jamie Carter".