As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will drive strategic efforts on the platform team which manages enterprise level container orchestration environments. This team delivers high quality platform and operational automations. As a member of the team will continue to enhance processes and developer experience by adding best practices and tools and leveraging the latest technologies. This is a growing platform which is adding crucial applications constantly.
The Senior Platform Engineer will be responsible for:
- Develop and support container orchestration environment such as Kubernetes or OpenShift utilizing Docker and Kubernetes
- Work on cloud technologies to build cloud infrastructure to support applications that are running in Kubernetes Cluster
- Utilize Helm to design and develop automation for application deployments and release management, complaint with organization standards and security
- Utilize terraform to implement IaC (Infrastructure as Code) component to enable Kubernetes application to use the cloud services.
- Designing, modifying, developing and implementing software solutions. Building modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet mission-driven strategic business goals.
- Infusing quality of service characteristics, such as scalability, manageability and maintainability, into distributed service-based framework to create or expand business or technical capabilities.
- Contributing insight from prior experiences when considering design specifications, considering the goals of the consumer-facing product.
- 5+ years of hands-on software and platform development with proven experience in developing solutions for containers and Kubernetes environments
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- AWS/Azure/GCP cloud experience
- DevSecOps Tools - Jenkins (DSL and Pipeline automation), Nexus, Bitbucket APIs
- Data Structure concepts
- Security and Vulnerability Management
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague's or a dependent's reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/VeteranCitizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.