Are you passionate about information security? Do you enjoy working on the latest state of the art tools that enable our stakeholders to do more, securely? If this drives you, join a diverse and inclusive engineering team always seeking better ways of providing an unsurpassed level of security. At Humana, we are passionate about the well being of those we serve, and that includes providing robust security solutions to protect what matters. Responsibilities
As a Senior Information Security Engineer, you will engage with various stakeholders and lead the build of solutions to protect our members, associates, and assets. Working closely with teammates, you will build new security capabilities, maintain existing solutions, and collaborate on projects and initiatives to ensure security controls meet the needs of the business. You will represent the department in various forums, providing technical guidance and influencing direction based on our products and operational abilities. You will mentor junior associates on our security products and industry standards and frameworks. Responsibilities:
- Drive the design, build, validation, delivery, and operation of system security products.
- Collaborate with business, architecture, compliance stakeholders to support new projects and initiatives.
- Respond to incidents and outages, participating in a rotating 24x7 on-call schedule.
- Ensure baseline security compliance through metrics and report development to assess tooling coverage on enterprise endpoints.
- Present implementation plans to stakeholders including senior leadership, project teams, and Change Advisory Boards.
- Support efforts to transform our work management and project management frameworks to ensure optimal delivery of services and value to our customers.
- Collaborate with vendors and internal partners to understand product roadmaps and its impact on our work plans.
- 5+ years' experience in infrastructure/network security by designing, installing, configuring, and administering network infrastructure and security systems
- Experience implementing / managing any of the following solution areas:
- EDR/AV such as SentinelOne, Crowdstrike, Trend Micro, Defender
- Configuration Management
- Container Security
- Vulnerability Scanning and Management
- Endpoint telemetry monitoring and logging
- Experience with incident response and root cause analysis
- Scripting experience with any of the following: PowerShell, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Understanding of core networking and network security concepts
- Experience operating within change management protocols
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written. Bonus points if you can translate complex technical topics into business-oriented concepts
- Understanding the difference in security technologies for cloud vs on-prem environments
- Basic understanding of SQL; experience executing queries for troubleshooting and reporting needs a plus
Additional Information Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field. Work-At-Home Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Field
- Technical Certifications (e.g. CISSP, Security+, MS SC900, AZ900, Network+, etc)
- Familiarity with cloud architecture, SRE or DevOps procedures.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
- WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Humana complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. We also provide free language interpreter services. See our