You already us
Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer's brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at . Senior Financial Analyst - Plant Manufacturing
This position supports the Sr. Finance Plant Manager in various closing, reporting, inventory management, and business planning activities. This includes daily, weekly, and monthly forecasting, budgeting, and reporting activities, as well as analysis of variances and their causes. Evaluations and recommendations are reported to the Sr. Finance Manager, Plant Management Team, and corporate finance, as required. Reports to Sr. Finance Manager.Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining and analyzing manufacturing costs, including raw materials, labor and overhead.
- Provide cost direction and support to other departments as required, including plant management, quality, purchasing, planning and inventory control.
- Support capital process by monitoring capital spending vs. budget, review and analyze
- Assist in cost savings studies to support continuous improvement activities.
- Assist senior finance manager in daily, weekly, and monthly financial accounting closing processes.
- Produce monthly financial reports for senior finance manager, plant management, and meet corporate requirements.
- Complete periodic audits and assist with year end cycle counts to ensure proper adherence to financial policies.
- Provide assistance in reviewing and analyzing weekly and monthly cost data.
- Work independently to complete tasks and communicate results, as required.
- Support Sr. Plant Finance Mgr and complete tasks in his/her absence.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
We Offer a feast of benefits!
- Bachelor's degree required in Finance or Accounting
- 3-5 Years' experience in Finance, manufacturing plant experience preferred
- Desire to learn and develop skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with internal deadlines
- Ability to lead and collaborate in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility to coordinate special projects, anticipate issues and take initiative to resolve them
- Advanced Excel capabilities and proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Prior ERP experience
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!Note: Shearer's does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer's is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.