Senior 3 rd Line Server and Systems Engineer Fully Remote (with very occasional travel into London), SE1£43,400 (rising to £47,400 at the top of the salary banding) plus benefits including local government pension scheme, 30 days holiday (after 2 years), CPD programme, extensive training, excellent career progression and lots more!
An exciting role has arisen for ? a Senior 3rd Line Server and Systems Engineer to join the technical leadership team within an organising providing sector leading IT provision. This is a business critical role providing technical leadership for the National Infrastructure Team, and being the ultimate point of escalation for incident management processes in support to over 35,000 users in over 52 locations around the UK
Help shape how systems run and make your mark in this team of professionals!
Senior 3 rd Line Server and Systems Engineer - Duties and More Information:
The Senior 3rd Line Server and Systems Engineer is responsible for managing and developing the group's National IT services through the delivery of internal projects, technical management of server/client/cloud systems and Problem Management. As part of the Change and Problem Management Team you will be tasked with identifying the root cause of all problems that are escalated from the Third Line Systems Team and design, test and implement fixes for them. You will also be responsible gathering requirements, researching, testing, documenting, implementing, monitoring and getting sign off for all major changes to National Services infrastructure
The role is a mixture of BAU / Support and Project work and requires the following experience and technical abilities;
- Experience in a senior technical capacity, managing large-scale infrastructures, with experience of writing technical and commenting on technical documentation and project plans
- Experience of systems troubleshooting at an advanced level, as well as systems upgrade / rollout projects.
- Good technical skills with the MS technology stack and specific knowledge of SAN's / Hyper-V
- Experience of working in a multi-site enterprise environment (education experience a bonus)
- Knowledge of the following; Azure, IP Telephony, Cisco Switches and Wireless AP's, VLANS, MS SQL, Web filtering technologies, DPM, WDS, SCCM, Forefront, OsX, Exchange, Windows 7, Server 2008/2012/2016, Barracuda Load Balancers, NetApp SANs.
In return, my client offers the chance to play a senior role in a growing national infrastructure team which supports over 35,000 users across 52 locations around the UK. My client offers a fantastic working environment, a proven career path due to their size as well as a generous benefits package including; a local government pension scheme, 30 days holiday (after 2 years), CPD programme, extensive training, excellent career progression and lots more! This role can be full remote, with very occasional travel to a site, ideally London.
Sound interesting and something you would love to be part of? Apply today!
Integral Recruitment is acting as an employment agency in regard to this advertisement.