- Immediate Openings - Start Right Away!
- Competitive Hourly Rates
- Schedules to meet your availability!
- Referral Program
- Employee Discount at Macy's AND Bloomingdales
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy's (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy's top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the "Academy" for retail careers.
A store colleague position (whether it's a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy's.Job Overview:
The Seasonal Champion will be responsible for prioritizing the customer experience through active supervision, driving a selling culture through omni-channel strategies and enhancing the service culture. As part of the Store Leadership Team, you will have a key role in communicating expectations and priorities to colleagues. You will help create a fun and engaging store environment for customers and colleagues. You will be expected to flex between responsibilities as needed to support the changing needs of the business.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal Champion Colleagues arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Seasonal colleagues will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!Essential Functions:
Active Supervision & Customer Experience:
- Conduct health & safety checks as colleagues report for work to ensure a safe environment for colleagues and customers
- Provide Active Supervision by continually circulating the selling floor, directing colleagues and supporting daily priorities to optimize the customer experience and increase sales. Redirecting support as needed.
- Lead activities to ensure customer readiness and exceptional presentation standards. Alert Store Leaders of any opportunities that are not aligned with this goal.
- Role model ability to build lasting customer relationships (provide colleagues with fast-feedback and redirection to foster the same behaviors and recognize colleagues for practicing them).
- Help build a proactive and solution-oriented customer centric culture in-shop to ensure consistent customer experiences.
- Have practical knowledge of store systems (POS, MPOS, RF equipment, MyClient, MyStore App) and ability to educate others.
- Handle various responsibilities related to the physical operation of the facility, including activities required to open and close the building, as well as involvement in daily back-of-house functions.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Oversee all fulfillment and in store pickup functions to ensure tasks are expedited and completed
- Participate in Omni Checkpoints to discuss & resolve the status of open aged orders and daily processes
- Process shippable returns and abandoned in store pickup orders
- Provide single voice to Ops/AP Manager, Receiving Team Manager, Merchandise Team Manager and My Shop Managers regarding daily activity
- Ensure that all fulfillment selling/Omni coverage shifts are filled and assist in training of new colleagues as needed
- Utilize daily fulfillment workload planner to ensure adequate scheduling and flex resources
- Monitor dashboard/alerts to ensure timely completion of BOPS (Buy Online Pickup in Store) process
- Utilize reporting to ensure achievement of daily metrics (fill rate, Speed to Ship, BOPS Ready On Time, etc.)
- Be proficient in SP Manager, myShip, handheld devices, POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send and BOPS
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Ability to perform interviews and recognize friendly, customer-focused individuals to be hired into Selling and Support Colleague roles.
- Conduct Welcome Calls to newly hired colleagues and support Store Leaders in onboarding seasonal colleagues
- Support seasonal colleagues in key onboarding activities such as store tours, colleague schedule pick-up,
- Act as a liaison for seasonal colleagues and Incumbent Ambassadors to ensure a positive and productive onboarding experience.
- At least one year of supervisory experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.