We Are Hiring:
RRT Registered Respiratory Therapist - Respiratory Care 001
Ascension Via Christi - St Francis Hospital
929 N Saint Francis St
Wichita, Kansas 67214
Full Time, 3 12hour Night shifts per week with rotating weekends and holidays
"I believe that our department embodies the core values of Ascension. We work together to care for our patients. We gladly teach and mentor students. We serve the most vulnerable from premature infants to geriatric patients and do so with integrity, dedication, and creativity." - Curtis Kidwell, RRT, CPFT, RN - Manager, Respiratory Care
We are thankful for our Respiratory Therapists who work in a variety of places - from the ER, ICU, Home Medical, neonatal, pediatric, and adults, and respond to a variety of situations - educating patients on pulmonary issues, drawing ABG samples, intubating a patient, monitoring a patient's ventilator, etc., while being reassuring and steadfast to our patients, families, and associates.
Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Our benefits and culture are two aspects of Ascension Via Christi that we feel set us apart:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Employee Match Retirement Plan
- Generous PTO plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional development
- Be part of a great team and culture
- Faith based work environment
What You Will Do:
Provide evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Assess patients for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develop a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implement and monitor patient care plan and equipment. Monitor, record and communicate patients condition. Perform advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluate respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educate the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Respond to emergency resuscitation team code.
What You Will Need:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts required.
- High School Diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
For more than 125 years, Ascension Via Christi has been providing caregivers rewarding careers. As the largest provider of health services in Kansas, Ascension Via Christi offers competitive pay and benefits, professional and personal training and development and an innovative work environment. We aim to care for our associates so they can focus on providing compassionate, personalized care to our patients, with special attention to those most in need. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Via Christi is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.