At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.Job Summary
Collaborates with interdisciplinary team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process; provides professional nursing care to patients, including conducting nursing assessments, assisting with exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medical records. MHHS hires RNs based on years of experience groupings (i.e. newly licensed RN [working under the supervision of RN clinical preceptor], less than 1 year, 1-3 years, 3 to 10 and 10+).Job DescriptionSign On Bonus - 10k Day Shift & 15k Night ShiftHiring for the following Med Surg Units:Med Surg 3 West: Cardiac Telemetry
The Cardiac Telemetry unit consists of 30 beds, all private. This unit provides acute care to mainly cardiac patients, with diagnoses consisting of hypertension, congestive heart failure, chest pain, acute coronary syndrome, NSTEMI, STEMI, as well as other general med surg diagnosis. The majority of our patients require telemetry monitoring. The patient population ranges from early adult to geriatric. This Cardiac Telemetry has a high-acuity patient population with complex co-morbidities. The nurse to patient ratio ranges from 1:5 to 1:6, with a vast amount of support resources. The Daisy award winning staff and leadership help make this unit feel like a second home. With Tier 1 engagement surveys and high community engagement, this team strives to be the best Houston has to offer! Med Surg 4 West South Tower: Neuro Telemetry
4 West is where your nursing journey begins... We are a 30-bed neuro telemetry unit. 4 West is a high acuity, fast-paced unit with complex neurology patients. We focus on building a strong foundation for your nursing career. Together, we will develop your critical thinking, time management, and assessment skills. Are you ready to be challenged? Welcome to 4 West. Med Surg 2 South, South Tower: Multi-Specialty Telemetry
If you are looking to help create a team from the ground up and shape a unit's unique lasting culture, personality, and experience Memorial Hermann Northeast is opening a BRAND NEW 20 bed Multi-Specialty Telemetry Unit with a variety of patient population to include medical-surgical, cardiac, and neurology patients. Med Surg 2 West
2W is a very supportive unit with great opportunities for growth. The unit boast of 30 beds and a patient ratio of 1:5-6 Patient Population: General Surgery Patients - OB/GYN, ENT, Ortho, Oncology.Med Surg 5SW
5SW is a 36 Bed Unit , Patient Ratio 1:6, Located in North Houston ample parking. Patient population: General, respiratory, renal and infection patients.Minimum QualificationsEducation:
Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferredLicenses/Certifications:
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
- RN I
- RN II = 1-3 years
- RN III = 3-10 years
- RN IV = 10+ years
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care. Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff, and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity, and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals, which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.