Repairs Team Leader - Tewkesbury - £23,920p.a. + benefits. Our repairs team leader is responsible for a team repairing damaged goods within the warehouse to a high standard. The products are mostly mattresses, bed frames and bedroom furniture (heavy items) so please consider this when applying.The Role
We are hiring a repair team supervisor to manage damages throughout the warehouse and be able to make good damaged product. Training will be given, whilst maintaining high standards of health and safety and cost control. Liaise with other departments to ensure all customer orders are completed on time and in full. Supports both the shift mangers and stock control team to run the department effectively to enable daily, weekly and monthly objectives to be met
Working Hours, Days - Monday - Friday 8am-4pmAttendance Bonus Potential £40 per week
Your role will involve:
- Be active in preparing the Warehouse Management System (WMS) to schedule work in the correct sequence to achieve best results, both inbound and outbound
- Feeds back performance to the team (OTIF, NPS, H&S) through regular briefings
- Working with the shift managers and using their check sheets to help in identifying damaged product that needs repair
- Checking the warehouse of any product that needs repairing
- Follows all company procedures and processes relating to HR and Health and Safety legislation
- Attends meeting where necessary to report on departmental performance.
- Develops the team, identifying training gaps and performance issues and instigating a plan to improve
- To deputise for the Shift Manager in their absence
- To ensure that all new employees receive induction training according to Company Procedures and that it is properly signed off and recorded.
- Previous experience of working in Warehousing/Logistics in a similar supervisory role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Passionate about great customer service
- Hard working and conscientious
- Flexible working to meet strict deadlines
- Repair and maintenance of mattress and divans experience preferred. Training will be given
- PPT Trained would be desirable but not essential
In return for your contribution to the site's performance, we offer a competitive base salary of £23,920 p.a. plus all these extra benefits:
- Employee discount scheme for Bensons products
- 'Perks' discounts from numerous high street and online retailers and service providers to save you money on your everyday purchases and bigger expenses such as holidays and travel, electrical goods, motoring and leisure products etc.
- Pension scheme provided by Legal & General
- Healthshield cashback options for Health and wellbeing services (dental, optical, virtual GP, other hospital services and more)
- Access to Retail Trust services (guidance and support on retail issues, mental health, wellbeing & financial topics)
- Learning and development programmes to gain new knowledge and skills
- Career progression - access to internal opportunities to build your career within Bensons for Beds
- Long service awards and 'Love to Shop' voucher rewards to spend as you like
- 28 days holiday, rising to 31 after 2 years' service
( qualifying periods apply) About Bensons for Beds
We're Bensons for Beds! We put Sleep Wellness at the heart of everything we do. With 100 years of experience in sourcing and manufacturing the best quality beds, frames and mattresses, at Bensons we understand how to design the perfect, tailored sleep experience. We have 170+ locations and employ c 1800 colleagues. Under new ownership of Alteri Investors we have an ambitious 3 year plan to grow the business further and achieve our mission of being the market leading bed retailer with a strong omnichannel presence. If you're looking for a great Warehouse role, we would love to have a chat....