Spalding Consulting, Inc.
is seeking a Release Manager
in Lexington Park, MD
. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services company delivering cutting-edge solutions to the Department of Defense since 2001. Our expert-level solutions include software development, information technology, program management, financial management and business intelligence services. Spalding Consulting offers competitive compensation, career development, flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Position Type: Full-Time
Spalding is seeking a Product Release Manager with a passion for the release of well-built and highly tested software. The Product Release Manager will work closely with Product Owners, Designers, Developers, Implementations, Support, and other internal teams, as well as third-party vendors to drive efficiency, transparency, quality, and predictability in our software release process.
- Management of the product release cycle including the build release process and any hotfix releases.
- Support end-to-end process for production issue resolution including impact analysis of the issue, identifying the client impacts, tracking the fix through dev/testing, and deploying the fix in various production branches.
- Manage execution of upgrades, conversion, and new deployments.
- Ensure proper documentation is developed and maintained for internal and external teams.
- Develop workflows, reports, dashboards and other tools in JIRA that streamline development activities and provide management insights.
- Work with the development team to understand the impacts of branches and code merges.
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate release delivery risks.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure product features are delivered on time.
- Lead recurring release reporting/status meetings to include discussion around release scope, risks, and challenges.
- Responsible for planning, monitoring, executing, and implementing the software release strategy.
- Ensure successful delivery of new features which will include: Planning release/features lifecycle, version control management, and change management.
- Responsible for overall relationship and deliverables of all product features.
- Identify and track changes to the configuration, ensure training documents are updated and maintained to reflect the latest configuration options.
- Establish QA completeness criteria for release of a successfully tested software component and their dependencies to gate the delivery of releases to Implementation groups.
- Serve as a liaison between various development teams and groups to guarantee smooth and timely delivery of software packages.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years in a software release management role
- Excellent understanding of software delivery lifecycle.
- Deep knowledge of software development processes, JIRA and Confluence, and Agile Methodology.
- Experience with tools like Jenkins, SVN, and GitLab.
- Must be high-energy and detail-oriented, with the ability to function in a fast-paced continuous delivery environment.
Must be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline required.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, military status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.