Job Summary Job Title: Wine and Spirits Cashier FLSA Status: Hourly Reports To: Wine and Spirits Department Manager
Responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service and by working closely with all Wine and Spirits associates in an effort to ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed, department goals and objectives are being obtained, and associates needs are being met.
Wine & Spirits Associates have the opportunity to personalize a guests experience by providing expertise on the best Wine & Spirits products for all occasions; from wine pairings to local craft beer flavors, these associates are ready to guide our guests to the perfect selection.
Job Description ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures all department standards are being met in the Wine and Spirits department.
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold
- Communicates and works cooperatively vendors, Wine and Spirits Manager, and Wine and Spirits associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for on sales floor
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently process transactions and accurately maintain all cash and media at the registers.
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
- Checks out customer purchases on a cash register
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies stocked.
- Support and execute superior customer serviceTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age in order to sample products sold in the wine and spirits department.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: hand jack, baler, forklift, pallet jack, trash compactor, proper lifting techniques, and proper scanning techniques.
- Must be over the age of 18
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The employee must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly.
- Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- This position requires the employee to have full range of upper body motion in order to occasionally lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- The position requires the employee to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Working conditions consist of occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
The Wine and Spirits Cashier is an hourly position. The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays within the individuals availability. Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company. At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.