- Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. may be considered as W2 candidates.
- Please note that all Position start dates and duration are estimates and may be reduced or lengthened based upon a client's business needs and requirements.
Job Title - Property Accountant
Job Location -Omaha, Nebraska, United States, 68124
Job Start Date - ASAP
Job End Date - 1+ Year of contract position.
• Monitoring of capital work order approval process to screen out non-capital requests, ensure proper approval is obtained, assigns appropriate FERC utility account and assists in identification and resolution of interface issues between software systems; prepares monthly AFE and Work Order capital expenditure and Ready for Service compliance reports to alert project managers, directors and officers of projects that are approaching noncompliance or are noncompliant with client policies.
• Audits project charges to determine if actual project expenditure activity qualify as a capital expenditure and ensures that cost of non-qualifying activity is charged to the appropriate expense account. Unitize qualifying PP&E additions to the appropriate asset location for traditional or market-based rates, FERC utility account, depreciation group, and unit of property and retires the appropriate units of property removed from service.
• Month-end close duties including recording monthly journal entries, and general ledger corrections.
• Monthly analyses including preparation of monthly general ledger account reconciliation schedules, monthly analysis and reporting to tax of book to tax capitalization differences, preparation of monthly/semi-annual or annual billings to O&M, capital and damage billings in accordance with contract terms or legal guidance and handling of credit and collections for billings and preparation of A/R aging report.
• Assist in the preparation of supplemental schedules, reports and recaps to support internal and external financial reports for company management, institutional investors, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and other governmental agencies.
Bachelor's degree in accounting.
Zero to two years of related accounting experience Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Knowledge of FERC Uniform System of Accounts (USofA) and gas plant instructions.
Research and analytical skills; experience with financial analysis methods and tools
Strong personal computer skills; proficiency in Excel, Access and Word; demonstrated ability to understand and utilize computer systems and applications as tools for analysis
Ability to maintain focus amid rapidly changing demands and priorities Effective oral and written communication skills
Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrentlyRose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need assistance in completing this application, or during any phase of the application, interview, hiring, or employment process, whether due to a disability or otherwise, please contact our HR Department . Rose International has an official agreement (ID ), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)