Job DetailsJob Location
Harvest to Haven - Bronx, NY
Program Manager of Operations-HDMPosition Title
Program Manager of OperationsProgram
Home Delivered Meals Site/Location
East Side House Settlement: Harvest to Haven Home Delivered Meals
805 E. 139th Street, Bronx, NY 10454FLSA-Classification
Salary Range : $58,000 - $65,000Reports To
Senior Director of Food and Nutrition ServicesDate
Immediate JOB DESCRIPTIONSummary/ Objective
East Side House Settlement (ESH) is a community resource in the South Bronx. We believe education is the key that enables all people to create an economic and civic opportunities for themselves, their families and the communities. ESHs Harvest to Haven: Food and Nutrition Services aligns with our mission by maintaining the nutritional health for homebound older adults through Home Delivered meals, responding to the community needs through provision of resources and creation of sustainability of food services throughout the programs in the organization.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Food and Nutrition Services and serving as an integral member of the ESH team, the Program Manager of Operations is responsible for providing the day-to-day supervision of Food and Nutrition Services, client nutrition programs, and current or future services. In this role, the Program Manager of Operations will drive these key strategic initiatives in alignment with the organizations values and goals through a commitment to customer service, client satisfaction, and quality through continuous evaluation and performance measurement while ensuring that all safety and sanitation policies and procedures and all regulatory and compliance expectations are met. Essential Functions:Under the general supervision of the Senior Director of Food and Nutrition Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Supporting the effective infrastructure and daily operations to adequately support food service delivery and nutrition to ensure results-driven, high-quality performance, and promote a culture of excellence.
- Responsible for compliance with Local, State, and Federal requirements and laws regarding nutrition, sanitation, and safety regulation. Maintains an effective relationship with all key governmental contractor personnel and contracted partnerships.
- Use of all appropriate databases and platforms including the case management system of STARS/Peer Place, to increase efficiency, and ensure new intakes, terminations, or client changes are updated and senior clients needs are met expeditiously.
- Develops and implements all performance measurement/management processes including the collection, submission, and analysis of all program data for the purpose of meeting strategic priorities and contractual requirements.
- Ensures the compliance of all vendors and sub-contractors with all contractual agreements, regulatory requirements, and program performance standards
- Monitors and controls expenditures and maintains assigned budget; works in collaboration with the Fiscal office to support timely contract billing and reimbursement.
- Reviews a variety of food production and deliverer records, inventories, logs, and reports; accumulates data and inputs information as appropriate and files documents as necessary.
- Adhering to the programs Policies and Procedures and ensure compliance with ESH.
- Implementing emergency response protocols when indicated by funding source and agency requirements.
- Directs, assigns, schedules, and evaluates food service personnel conducts training session for new employees; trains and assists employees in the proper handling of foods, correct use and care of equipment, etc.
- Supervision of staff to achieve daily goals and provision of quarterly training and documentation to Drivers, Runners, Warehouse Associates & other pertinent staff
- Maintains high standards of sanitation and safety and develops and implements all necessary strategies and approaches to ensure variety, quality, and choice.
- Review vehicle routing systems daily and suggest best practices and revisions
- Observe packaging of meals, ensure the temperature of food is consistent with DFTA/ Department of Health regulations
- Operating as opening or closing manager to compliment schedule of Senior Director and ensure coverage.
- Engaging in regular planning and weekly communications with the Senior Director and/or other senior designees to shift program priorities and projects.
- Responsible for other duties as set by Senior Director
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. During required periods of operational closures/changes, East Side House Settlement will re-issue operating protocols accordingly. Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent of 5+ years in community services preferred, at least 2 of those years are in a supervisory role required; master's degree in a related field preferred
- Familiarity with the respective Bronx communities, key stakeholders, and resources
- Systems thinker, experienced in designing, planning, and implementing structured programs
- 2+ years in supervising more than ten program staff and managing teams
- 2+ years of budget, contract, and grant management experience
- Analytical skills to evaluate and process information and data and make operational decisions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and assesses priorities and actions
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Exemplary fiscal management, contract management, and performance management skills and experience
- Thorough understanding of HDM and DFTA policies and procedures.
- Capacity to thrive under pressure while working on multiple tasks and projects
- Effective communication skills, including strong public speaking, writing, and organizational skills
- Required to work holidays, early mornings and late evenings as per program need.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish preferred) a plus
- Project management skills a plus
- Project Management
- Problem Solving/ Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer Service
- Public/Community Relations
- Teamwork Orientation
This position requires supervision of assigned personnel, including front line staff and/or support staff.Work Environment
Corporate casual. This job operates in a professional office environment. Travel
Travel is primarily local and happens during business and nontraditional hours.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is generally a sedentary role; however, some filing and site visits are required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.Work Schedule
Monday through Friday, for an 8-hour day and occasional weekends and holidays. Days and hours of work will range within and to cover the shift of operations from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Days/hours subject to change based on ESHs program needs. Remote Work
This position is not eligible for remote work. Availability and visibility on site for staff and clients is essential to the success of the operation. Required Clearances
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer AAP/EEO Statement
- COVID-19 Vaccine: As a recipient of Federal, State, and local funds, all staff are expected to be fully vaccinated or able to obtain vaccination before their start date.
ESH encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.