IU International University of Applied Sciences - Distance LearningWe are:Germany s biggest Hochschule!
Bring your talent to our body of professors at the IU Internationale Hochschule, a pioneer in digital education. At IU, Innovative teaching, flexibility and a friendly workplace come first.As of the next possible date, we are looking to fill the following position Professorship (m/f/d) in the study program Data Managementon a full time or part-time basis. We are offering:
You are responsible for:
- A maximum of flexibility - free time management and flexible working hours
- Location independent working from home - 100 % remote!
- A responsible position whereby family and work can be fully aligned.
- Opportunity to do research
- 30 days holiday, flexible
- Part-time alternative (from 20h/week)
- The opportunity to contribute to the further progress of the IU.
- Close cooperation with colleagues
- The teaching of specific modules on Data Management within the field of the IT and Technology degree program.
- The development of the subject area as well as its study programs.
- The creative development of teaching formats within the didactic concept of the IU International University of Applied Sciences for online studies and furthering our world of digital study in cooperation with colleagues and across departments.
- Occasionally, you may conduct face-to-face seminars at an IU International University of Applied Sciences campus location of your choice.
You will teach practical and application-oriented courses at Master degree level, with special focus on:
- Data Engineering
- Big Data Technologies
- Data Warehousing and Orchestration
- Cloud Architectures
- Database Concepts & Technologies
- Data Query Languages
- NoSQL Databases
- We are looking for an expert in the subject area of Data Management.
- You distinguish yourself on both professional and personal levels.
- You have completed a doctoral degree (at least cum laude) or PhD.
- You have at least five years of professional experience, including at least three years outside of academia.
- You have also gained experience teaching at university level, ideally, coupled with experience in online teaching or video production.
- You work in a team-oriented manner and will align your thoughts and actions with the long-term goals of the IU International University of Applied Sciences.
- You are collegial, cooperative, and reliable.
- You are innovative and bring your own ideas for the implementation of online teaching in the subject area of Data Management.
For us to be able to consider your application, please submit the following documentation: CV, letter of motivation, doctoral or PhD certificate and a list of your publications.You find yourself described here and are looking for a new challenge? Then we look forward to receiving your application via our career portal.