Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Product Management Manager for our San Antonio Home Office facility or a work from home opportunity.
Formulates product/sales strategy recommendations based on analysis of profitability, competitiveness and sales performance for the product life cycle. Compile, analyze and interpret data to make strategic and tactical recommendations or decisions pertaining to sales/product performance. Responsible for defining the business questions and providing insights to improve business performance. Supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in the development and launch of less complex, new products with channel partners.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Leverages resources to gather analytics, competitive intelligence, and member information to support formulation of product strategy.
- Participates in the development of product strategy recommendations.
- Develops recommendations to launch new products or sales strategies and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or partner.
- Acts as product SME on features and services and collaborates with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Partners with phone and digital teams on how to effectively use sales guides and provides education on products and services, including new offerings and enhancements to existing features.
- Assists in the identification and evaluation of potential providers for alliance relationships.
- Provides support in developing, editing, and distributing product communications.
- Conducts research on external market trends/design changes, financials, member information and/or transaction data for assigned products.
- Holds responsibility for coordinating with relevant control partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are designed, implemented, and managed in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Interprets performance results to inform product or sales forecast and planning.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related discipline; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting Operations or Financial Services.
- 2 years of product management, or similar strategic management experience (similar experience includes direct support in managing product performance).
- 1 year of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau).
- Advanced experience in creating product briefings.
- Experienced in market research to create product roadmap, make product decisions and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to include: TILA/REG Z, REG E, REG B, UDAAP/UDAP, FCRA.
- Master's Degree.
- Consumer lending product experience (Auto, personal loans, boat, RV, leisure vehicle).
- Large national bank experience.
- Experience in the governance process related to launching new products and features.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.