Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Product Management Director for our San Antonio Home Office facility or a work from home opportunity.
Formulates product/sales strategy recommendations based on analysis of profitability, competitiveness and sales performance for the product life cycle. Compile, analyze and interpret data to make strategic and tactical recommendations or decisions pertaining to sales/product performance. Responsible for defining the business questions and providing insights to improve business performance. Supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in the development and launch of less complex, new products with channel partners.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Leverages internal and external data and member information to support formulation of product strategy and enhance competitive intelligence.
- Develops product dashboards and metrics recommendations in support of analyzing and evaluating strategic performance.
- Partners with Marketing to define go-to-market and value proposition strategy of the product/feature.
- Develops recommendations to launch new products and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or ally.
- Acts as product SME on features and services and collaborates with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Analyzes and evaluates product performance metrics to form recommendations regarding market opportunities and product enhancements.
- Leads efforts to expand or change existing product features.
- Contributes to decisions regarding product pricing and profitability.
- Identifies and evaluates potential providers for alliance relationships.
- Provides support regarding all aspects of Product Life Cycle.
- Approves and provides support in developing, editing and distributing product communications.
- Coordinates with relevant control partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are designed, implemented and managed in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Contributes to the overall strategy of the business and collaborates with alliance to develop product strategy.
- Interprets performance results to inform product or sales forecast and planning.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related discipline; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting Operations or Financial Services.
- 3 years of product management, or similar strategic management experience (similar experience includes direct support in managing product performance).
- 2 years of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau).
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (i.e. FDIC, CFPB, OCC).
- Expert experience in creating product briefings and presenting to executive leadership.
- Experienced in market research to create product roadmap, make product decisions and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to include: TILA/REG Z, REG E, REG B, UDAAP/UDAP, FCRA.
- Master's Degree.
- Consumer lending product experience (Auto, personal loans, boat, RV, leisure vehicle).
- Large national bank experience.
- Experience in the governance process related to launching new products and features.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 - $192,300.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.