Has responsibility for developing new business through sales efforts. Manages a mid-level loan and deposit portfolio providing superior client service. Analyzes financial information to evaluate the credit worthiness of loan requests. Compiles loan packages ensuring completeness and accuracy of information provided. Sells and cross-sells additional products and services of the Bank. Assures that all loans are in compliance with State and Federal regulations and Bank policies and procedures.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Actively participates in a business development plan to increase the Bank's loan and deposit portfolio. Conducts business development calls to current and prospective clients.
- Manages the flow of loan and deposit requests through the appropriate channels to ensure that structure and pricing meet the needs of the client and the operating objectives of the Bank.
- Underwrites loan requests within the parameters of the Bank's policies and procedures. Ensures that loan packages are accurate and complete when submitted for approval.
- Manages and services assigned loan and deposit portfolios. Identifies problems or concerns and notifies manager and credit partner.
- Ensures that all required documentation is in file for all loans and deposits. Clears documentation or compliance deficiencies noted by Loan Operations or other review channels.
- Properly grades risk of each loan in the assigned portfolio. Adjusts risk grades as circumstances change or new information becomes available.
- Prices each loan and deposit product according to current Bank pricing guidelines. Documents the credit quality, current competitive factors, or overall relationship circumstances that justify departures from the approved Bank pricing regulations.
- Demonstrates a commitment to fair lending practices. Remains knowledgeable of all laws and regulations governing the lending activities of financial institutions. Ensures compliance with all applicable Bank policies and procedures, as well as all State and Federal regulations.
- Resolves client problems and assists with general inquiries. Provides superior service to existing clients.
- Builds and maintains a positive working relationship with attorneys, appraisers, developers and others to enhance the Bank's image and reputation in the marketplace.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Education: A Bachelor's degree in business, finance, banking or related field is required. Graduation from a recognized school of banking is an asset.
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years consumer or commercial lending experience; Experience should include previous loan structuring and credit analysis responsibilities
- Knowledge: Extensive knowledge of all Bank products, services, procedures and practices.; Must have an in-depth knowledge of Federal and State lending regulations and Bank policies relating to lending procedures. Familiarity with the local business community is strongly preferred.
- Skills: Must have well-developed sales, interpersonal and negotiating skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary. Must have basic accounting and credit skills. Must be detail oriented and possess the proven ability to prioritize complex work assignments. Proven analytical skills and the ability to evaluate credit worthiness are needed. Must be proficient in the use of basic office equipment with an emphasis on calculator and computer. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word Excel, Outlook is necessary.
Required annual compliance training.
RECOMMENDED ADDITIONAL TRAINING
New Employee Orientation
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position may require some travel from time to time.