Check out this amazing Payroll Specialist
opportunity with a mission-driven and dynamic non-profit! Message me if you are interested! Title:
Payroll Specialist Pay Rate:
$30.00 - 35.00/hour Position Location:
Hybrid - Silver Spring, MD Job Type:
Contract (6+ months) Start Date:
Immediately Payroll Specialist Responsibilities:
Payroll Specialist Qualifications:
- Provide Excellent Customer Service:
- Respond timely to all phone and email inquiries.
- Review Paycheck Inquiry Forms (PIF) and process in accordance with established department standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee data.
- Kronos Time and Attendance:
- Assist managers/timekeepers and employees with timecard edits/inquiries as necessary.
- Appropriately review timecards in order to calculate overtime.
- Maintain training spreadsheet and assist new account management.
- PeopleSoft HRMS or ADP:
- Review employee data to resolve pay discrepancies.
- Enter/edit voluntary and involuntary deductions and additional pay.
- Enter salary allocation updates and retro adjustments when applicable.
- Provide SR Manager/Payroll Analyst data to be included in department file for Component Interface into PSoft.
- Provide staff accountants and auditors with requested substantiation.
- Assist Human Resources with employee reviews and maintenance as appropriate.'
- Off-Cycle Check Processing:
- Initiate Stop-Pay and Re-Issue requests for lost or destroyed checks.
- Process check reversals in PSoft as appropriate.
- Process off-cycle checks/wires as appropriate.
- Process daily Positive Pay reporting for Treasury.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- High School diploma required, BA/BS preferred
- FPC/CPP certification preferred
- 3-5 years payroll processing >2000 employees
- Demonstrated knowledge of Payroll practices, general accounting and automated processing systems
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with automated HRMS and Timekeeping systems
- Familiar with DC labor and benefit laws and union payrolls
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our consulting team to benefit from our best-in-class Consultant Care program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.