Apply Now () Apply Later
Payroll Specialist - Periop
Department Description:There are a total of 500 employees in Perioperative Services. The position requires an in depth knowledge of computerized staffing and payroll, hospital payroll processes, recognition and respect for the consequences of payments to the employee; cost center charges. This position requires strong working relationships with department Directors, Managers and payroll designees.
Job Location:Boston, Massachusetts
Job Summary:Reporting to the Business Director of Periop Services. The incumbent must possess the highest level of organization and attention to detail. The computerized scheduling & payroll systems are ANSOS One Staff and Mytime. There are a total of 500 employees in Perioperative Services. The position requires an in depth knowledge of computerized staffing and payroll, hospital payroll processes, recognition and respect for the consequences of payments to the employee, cost center charges. The position is responsible for a weekly payroll QA. In addition the incumbent monitors for compliance with pay rules. This position requires strong working relationships with department Directors, Managers and Payroll Designees. Accuracy and strong communication skills are a must. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Creates four week schedules for all staff of the Perioperative Services department, balancing to core coverage. Prepares daily staffing sheets, enters all daily time requests, ensures sufficient coverage for each of the Perioperative units, modifies the staffing patterns based on the changing needs of the individual departments, and manages the orientation schedule.
- Responsible for timely & accurate electronic submission of weekly payroll and all One Staff functions, issues, changes, that effect payroll. Maintains Department Payroll manual.
- Ensures correct application of BIDMC policies and procedures, addresses inconsistent practices, and independently reviews and resolves a variety of complex payroll issues with Managers and Directors.
- Mangages weekly payroll QA and maintains QA process that has been reviewed by Internal Audit. Understands pay practice for all type of hours, differential payment, bonus, on-call and incentive programs.
- Maintains a strong relationship with the PCS Payroll Administrator and consults as needed on complex situations.
- Associate's degree in Business Administration / Finance required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required in payroll.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure in order to handle and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making:Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving:Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action:Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications:Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.