Apply for this job now
- Lawrence, Massachusetts
- Job Type
- 7 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
Reporting into the Human Resources department, the Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing weekly payroll for our 900 plus employees. The Payroll Specialist partners with the HR Operations Manager and the Director of Human Resources in the administration of the following HR functional areas: payroll, time and labor, compensation and tax and regulatory compliance as it relates to payroll.
• Administer and manage all aspects of the end-to-end payroll process in the HRIS system. This includes payroll data batch input, validation, calculation, preview processing, review, and submission.
• Process this weekly payroll for all employees (full and part-time) for multiple FEINs.
• Run off-cycle and manual paychecks as necessary.
• Confirm and submit all payroll adjustments as necessary for retro, raises, bonuses, commissions, and severance payments.
• Manage the time collection process which includes review of timecards for accuracy, validating manager approvals and reconciliation and integration of time and attendance data into payroll.
• Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for payroll and employment tax inquiries.
• Reconcile all payroll taxes including but not limited to quarterly 941s, annual Form 940 and W2s.
• Collaborate with Accounting to ensure accurate general ledger reporting and reconciliation.
• Maintain personnel database regarding salaries.
• Report to department supervisor regarding daily activities and issues.
• Work with company database programs to process payroll.
• Prepare reports to relevant departments about payroll, company budget and expense.
• Reconcile payroll deductions including insurance deductions, MA PFML, etc.
• 401k funding and reconciliation.
• Ensure timely and accurate year-end Form W2 Wage and Tax Statements.
• Process all wage garnishments and ensure they are submitted to the appropriate agencies.
• Ensure accurate and timely payout of Mileage stipends, Cell Phone Reimbursements, and other infrequent or intermittent payments.
• Ensure compliance with respect to the Fair Labor Standards Act, ERISA laws, Exempt/non-exempt etc.
• Cross-train in other HR functions as needed.
• Participate in other special HR projects as assigned.
• Associate's or bachelor's degree in Human Resources, business administration, or accounting preferred.
• 3-5 years of payroll experience in a fast-paced environment or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
• Ability to work under pressure in a time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines.
• High degree of integrity with ability to handle sensitive issues in a professional and confidential manner.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Good understanding of the common fiscal procedures.
• Strong knowledge of Federal, State, and local payroll and tax regulations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient research and analysis skills.
• Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience with Paylocity is a plus.
You will be working in/based out of our Lawrence, MA office. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods of time; communicate and exchange information; frequent use of a computer screen, keyboard, telephone, and/or manual writing. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate noise level.
- Job Reference: 706379038-2
- Date Posted: 7 September 2022
- Recruiter: energy north inc
- Location: Lawrence, Massachusetts
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: HR / Recruitment
- Job Type: Permanent