Apply for this job now
Payroll Analyst II
- North Chicago, Illinois
- Remote Working
- Remote Working
- Job Type
- 7 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
Position Title: Payroll Analyst II or Payroll Analyst III
# of Positions: 1
Length of Contract: 12
Location/Site: Remote while in work from home status/while in office:
What are the top 3-5 skills requirements should this person have?
o Review and validate payroll files (eg. Payroll Reconciliation File, Bank File) and reports generated internally or by the GPV and approve for processing.
o Support pre and post payroll activities and payroll audits (eg. finalize data entry, review master data file quality, and confirm time/payroll data completeness).
o Support and processing Overpayment/Severance process
o Maintain thorough audit trail and organized system
o Support in audit requests providing the reports and proof of evidence as requested
o Answer employee/manager queries with other queries it cannot resolve.
3. What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification? Tax experience, CPP
4. What type of environment is this person working in? Payroll and Tax team working on Workday Payroll (in house processing of Payroll for 28,000 employees)
5. Work Schedule (Define days,# of hours)/ Is Overtime offered or required? If yes, how many hours, what impact to scheduled working hours? 40 hrs/week
6. Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? If remote opportunity exists, what are the options (i.e. 1 day remote, 4 days on-site)? - Yes, Hybrid model to onsite 3 days a week
Job Title: Payroll Analyst -II
This Payroll Analyst will be responsible for processing and correcting payroll transactions for specific countries as assigned (generally smaller, less complex countries or assisting with larger, more complex countries), supporting pre and post payroll activities, year-end payroll activities, reviewing and verifying files generated internally or by global payroll vendors (GPV), enforcing key payroll deadlines, as well as answering employee/manager queries.
• Quickly and pro-actively learn new software tools supporting data extraction, audit controls and data quality alerts
• Navigate within the Workday environment and analyze data extracted from the platform
• Actively participate in update training and internal opportunities to share one's skills and learnings with others within the organization
• Operate under general or minimum supervision and perform duties with broad latitude for judgment
• Generate reports from our information systems, analyze the data and identify collectibles
• Assist in resolving input errors (and other errors) from the third-party vendors or internal stakeholders performing root cause analysis
• Support Year-End Payroll processing activities (eg. develop and provide payroll calendar, review year-end tax reports and notify employees of availability of tax information)
• Respond to internal stakeholders (Tax, Treasury, Finance and BHR) about questions or issues they have raised around payroll data and/or payroll reports and supporting 3rd party wire funding payments
List required and preferred qualifications (up to 10). Include education, skills and experience.
1. Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts with a concentration in Finance / Accounting.
2. Primary experience in payroll operational experience and processing payroll with third party vendors.
3. Working knowledge of Workday and experience integrating with 3rd party applications.
4. Strong customer orientation and a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
5. Strong written and oral communication skills, in English
6. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, as well as to get results through collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
7. Good analytical and process diagnostic skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture. Strong spreadsheet and database skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and requests.
- Job Reference: 706379898-2
- Date Posted: 7 September 2022
- Recruiter: US Tech Solutions, Inc.
- Location: North Chicago, Illinois
- Remote Working: Some remote working possible
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: HR / Recruitment
- Job Type: Permanent