We are currently looking for an organised, efficient, and experienced PA / Secretary to join our award winning and innovative company.
Acorn is a fast-paced environment where priorities change frequently and it is imperative that the postholder has previous experience of working in a busy office, providing a high level of service and at senior level.
The successful candidate will be a good team player, with strong organisational and communication skills (both verbal and written), and they must be flexible, reliable and able to work independently using their own initiative.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Providing full secretarial support to the Group Operations Director including:
- Fast and accurate audio typing (using Lexacom) compiling documents, letters and emails
- Tracking tasks and chasing for completion/outcome
- Taking Minutes and tracking tasks set at meetings
- Updating and/or producing schedules and presentations
- Research material for reports and presentations
- Printing, copying and filing
- Assisting with workload of secretarial colleagues and support staff as required
- Taking an active part in developing the role and working to provide increasing support for the team
- 5 years + experience in a similar role
- A confident typist, able to deal with face-to-face dictation as you will be with the Group Operations Director from his inbox whilst he dictates replies to emails directly to you.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience of working with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Fast and accurate typing speed and a good eye for detail - a high level of accuracy is essential.
- Excellent organisation and prioritising abilities
- Professional conduct essential; diligent, complying with direction and instruction.
- Open and personable, able to listen, assimilate information and complete tasks efficiently.
- A team player but able to work unsupervised, taking pride and responsibility for work tasks/projects
- Ideally experience within a construction background, developer, engineering, surveying or maintenance
We offer the following benefits:
Private healthcare with Bupa after 3 months
Employee Assistance Programme
Eye care vouchers
Cycle to Work scheme