Nations Lending Corporation is one of the fastest-growing mortgage lenders in the US. We're headquartered in the Cleveland, Ohio area and licensed to lend in all 50 states. With more than 90 branches, we employ more than 1,000 talented people.
We empower our employees to pursue their career goals by supporting their unique and creative ideas while making our mission of "home loans. made human. " an integral part of our company culture. We want you to Join The Nation!
As a Personal Mortgage Advisor (Outside), the employee's primary duties involve making sales or obtaining orders or contracts for services or for the use of facilities for which a consideration will be paid by the client or customer. Employee will be procuring and originating consumer-based residential mortgage loans. Employee will solicit, receive, and originate applications for the extension of credit to purchase and refinance 1-4 unit residential properties, secured by a first-lien mortgage or deed of trust, and provide supporting service to consumer applicants. Ensures exceptional customer experience by overseeing loan processing from origination to closing, and providing on-going communication to customers.Essential Functions:
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Know applicable laws and regulations as well as industry standards, company rules and policies.
- Contact consumers to establish new business opportunities.
- Consult with consumers about their current and future needs and goals.
- Advise and educate consumers about the home purchase or refinance process, and how to better manage their mortgages by discussing loan terms, rates, fees, and other costs.
- Gather consumer information and apply skill and experience to put clients in the best financial status possible.
- Take and receive applications for credit.
- Initiate the loan process and manage application from file start to closing using various systems.
- Assist and communicate with consumers throughout the loan process.
- Confer and meet with customers during various stages of the loan process as needed.
- Utilize materials, reference tools, and other resources to provide accurate and up-to-date loan program/policy information to customers and business partners.
- Provide complete loan applications and support materials to fulfillment center partners.
- Promote self and company to grow market share and achieve production goals.
- Individual will travel, making calls upon contacts in the industry throughout the employee's assigned territory, to solicit business and meet with consumers.
- 18 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated ability to manage personal finances.
- Current Loan Originator license, or eligibility to apply for and obtain a license after hire.
- Able to maintain good standing for all licenses held.
- Intermediate knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Working knowledge of document-imaging technology.
- Effective in-person and phone etiquette skills.
- Communicates effectively in both written and verbal form.
- Capacity to maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and service providers.
Familiarity with Loan Origination Systems and other software used for loan origination. Able to maintain social media websites.
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Delivers superior customer service results at all stages of the loan process;
- Familiar with loan products and programs of FNMA/FHLMC/GNMA/FHA/VA/USDA;
- Experience with down payment assistance bond programs or other specialized lending structures is preferred;
- Drive and motivation to build business in a team support environment.
Nations Lending expressly prohibits any form of discrimination or unlawful harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sex (including marital status, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression). Improper interference with the ability of Nations Lending employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Nations Lending expressly prohibits any form of retaliation against individuals who raise any concerns regarding equal employment opportunities with the Company.