Operator - Night Shift - DudleyIf you are a quick learner, you like working in a team, and you want to know what it's like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as an Operator.
You'll be working for Glassolutions in Dudley.Glassolutions is one of more than 30 exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK and the largest processor and distributor of Glass in the UK. We offer a range of services unrivalled across the glass industry, supplying and processing glass for a broad range of applications.Is this role right for me?First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; so whether you've never worked in this industry before, or had years of experience with one our competitors, you're just as likely to be a great fit!
A great Operator at Glassolutions will put safety above all else, work well in a team and be enthusiastic about the work they do. As a quick learner, you'll be flexible to work in different areas, take responsibility for the work you do and always show good attention to detail.Hours of Work:
Nights Sun 21:30PM - 06:00AM Mon - Friday 22:00 - 07:00Requirements
- Previous experience of working within a manufacturing or warehousing environment would be advantageous but not necessary as we can train you!
- A good work ethic and willingness to learn
- Customer focused, a team player and good communication skills
- Have high health and safety standards
What will I be doing in the role?
Our Operators are very important to the smooth running of the business. Their role is important to help ensure products are manufactured and available for the customer on time. This will involve problem solving and teamwork to ensure products are available for collection when required by the customer.
As part of your role, you will be responsible for:
- Operating machinery and equipment, and handling glass safely and effectively
- Preparing glass loads for customers, assisting drivers to load or offload vehicles as necessary and ensuring correct paperwork is used
- Maintaining a high standard of workplace housekeeping and carrying out daily checks on equipment and machinery that is being used
- Engaging with Supervisors and Team Leaders on a daily basis to discuss quality and production targets.
- Working in a controlled and safe manner in line with Health and Safety policies, wearing appropriate PPE at all times and immediately reporting defects/accidents/near misses
- Dealing with customers in a pleasant, helpful and efficient manner, representing the Company in a positive light at all times
At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a 'Top Employer' for 5 consecutive years.Are Glass Solutions UK and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?We're working hard to be, and we're keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.And what about flexibility?The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.