Mill Mechanic | $18-24/hr | Third Shift | Cincinnati, OH
In this position, you will be keeping all equipment in good running condition. Communicating to Supervisor/Manager on potential problems or areas of concern. We are looking for a cooperative, responsible and dependable person for this role.
- Observes mechanical operation in the Mill to determine efficiency and to detect problems
- Gives full support to the mill to include daily inspections, walk thrus, documenting/reporting issues found and provide a quick immediate response to all mill maintenance needs in the event of any unexpected downtime
- Rebuild and sustain critical mill-based parts such as pinions, gearboxes, cylinders both pneumatic and hydraulic, rollers, bearings, shafts, and other misc. parts as needed
- Very close communication with the warehouse to ensure all rebuild parts such as seals, rings, cups, bearings, packing, pins, gears and any and all other parts needed.
- Inspect or test damaged machine parts, mark defective areas, advise supervisors of repair needs
- Reassemble/Dismantle machines for maintenance
- Install, replace or change machine parts and attachments, according to productions specifications
- Inventory and requisition machine parts, equipment and other supplies so that stock can be maintained and replenished
- Flexible to support other areas of maintenance within the company as needed
- Standard 40 hour work week, overtime possibility
- Related on-the-job experience, Vocational School or Associate's Degree a strong plus
- Attention to detail. Critical Thinking, using logic and reasoning. Alternative solutions, conclusion and
approaches to problems
- Knowledge and ability to use hand and power tools
- Knowledgeable in proper alignment of bearings and other precision components
- Welding a strong plus
- Basic electrical abilities 110- 220- and 480-volt systems.
- Knowledgeable in Hydraulic and pneumatic operating systems and components
- Troubleshooting, ability to determine causes and deciding what to do
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Sunday - Thursday 7PM - 5:30AM
$18-24/hr depending on experience