At SpartanNash, we deliver the ingredients for a better life through customer-focused innovation. We do this for our supply chain customers and U.S. military commissaries, retail store guests and, most importantly, our Associates. In fact, we see a day when each will say, "I can't live without them."
Our SpartanNash family of Associates is 17,500 strong, ranging from bakery managers to order selectors; from IT developers to vice presidents of finance; from HR Business Partners to export specialists. Each of them plays an integral role in SpartanNash's People First
culture, Operational Excellence and Insights that Drive Solutions. Ready to contribute to the success of our food solutions company? Apply now! Location:
th Ave. East - West Fargo, North Dakota 58078Job Description:Position Summary:
This role is responsible to d ecorate cakes and other products; assist in other bakery duties; maintain and operate the bakery department in an efficient manner within company policy; to ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interest of the store. Complete all other duties as assigned in a timely manner. Here's what you'll do:
Here's what you'll need :
- Decorate, cakes, cookies, and other items as determined by production schedule and customer requests.
- Baking and frying duties as assigned.
- Price, date, wrap and/or bag bakery products.
- Properly fill, rotate and merchandise bakery shelves, cases and displays.
- Notify the Bakery Manager if products and supplies need to be ordered.
- Handle spoiled/damaged products per established guidelines.
- Assist in receiving, unloading and stocking of merchandise.
- Have familiarity with all products carried in the department; know differences in price, taste, preparation, use etc.
- Practice suggestive selling techniques with customers.
- Maintain a clean, attractive and well stocked department.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and interpret documents
- Basic mathematical skills
- Suggestive Selling/Knowledge of Products
- Detail Oriented
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is required to stand and walk for extended periods of time and may bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Travel requirements vary by assignment.
SpartanNash is a certified Veteran-Friendly Employer. We value the perspectives, backgrounds, skills, work ethic and leadership that those who are military connected bring to the workforce.
As part of our People First
culture, SpartanNash is proud to offer a robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package .
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.