At SpartanNash, we deliver the ingredients for a better life through customer-focused innovation. We do this for our supply chain customers and U.S. military commissaries, retail store guests and, most importantly, our Associates. In fact, we see a day when each will say, "I can't live without them."
Our SpartanNash family of Associates is 17,500 strong, ranging from bakery managers to order selectors; from IT developers to vice presidents of finance; from HR Business Partners to export specialists. Each of them plays an integral role in SpartanNash's People First
culture, Operational Excellence and Insights that Drive Solutions. Ready to contribute to the success of our food solutions company? Apply now! Location:
724 N. University Dr. - Fargo, North Dakota 58102Job Description:Position Summary:
This role is responsible to properly cut all types of meats into various types of cuts and all preparations of related products in the variety, size, quality, and trim prescribed by company and department standards; to ensure that the work shift contributes to the financial best interest of the Micro-Fulfillment Center. Complete all other duties as assigned in a timely manner. Here's what you'll do:
Here's what you'll need:
- Assist with ordering and maintaining inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover
- Check and verify receivables for amount, quality, count or weight, condition and store in appropriate areas
- Label and stock to ensure quality protection, accuracy and product rotation
- Cut and weigh steaks, chops, etc. for individual services; produce 'value-added' products per established guidelines
- Cut, trim, and bone carcass sections or prime cuts to reduce to cooking cuts; follow established recipes to grind and tray meats and make sausage, and other products
- Price, date, wrap and/or bag meat products per established guidelines using department scales
- Properly fill and rotate cases
- Notify the supervisor/manager if products and supplies need to be ordered
- Receives, unloads, and stocks merchandise
- Have familiarity with all products carried in the department; know the differences in price, taste, preparation, use, etc.
- Maintain a clean and well-stocked department
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- High School Diploma or GED (Preferred)
- One year - retail, warehouse or other related experience preferred.
- Prior experience in a Meat Cutter, Apprentice role strongly preferred
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and interpret documents
- Basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of products
- Accounting/Bookkeeping skills
- Interpret/Analyze financials
- Develop/Manage Budgets
- Detail orientated
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must frequently sit, walk and stand, use hands to handle, grasp, and twist objects, tools, or controls, and use both feet for repetitive movements as in operating foot controls. Must frequently walk, talk, crouch, kneel, bend, stoop, twist, and reach with the hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds with assistance as needed. While performing the duties of this position, employees are subject to a warehouse environment and may frequently be exposed to changes in temperature and humidity based on assignment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Employees must be able to work weekends, holidays, days and night hours, and overtime as necessary and as assigned, and must be able to work in the condition specified for 8-10 hours shift as assigned. Travel requirements vary by assignment.
SpartanNash is a certified Veteran-Friendly Employer. We value the perspectives, backgrounds, skills, work ethic and leadership that those who are military connected bring to the workforce.
As part of our People First
culture, SpartanNash is proud to offer a robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package .
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.