This position is intended to be a full time positionESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and maintain an effective process for generating and managing leads produced through sales funnel.
- Source and track leads through the sales funnel from origination to conclusion.
- Source and track leads through numerous marketing campaigns and marketing efforts.
- Manage and oversee customer and prospect information evaluating and updating the data in CRM system.
- Maintain data integrity by managing changes in equipment population as the primary gatekeeper.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales leadership to establish yearly lead targets.
- Collaborate with Data Analytics team to research and data mine opportunities that ensure a healthy and strong sales funnel.
- Create and present monthly lead reports, tracking the success/failure of leads in CRM.
- Create and distribute weekly lead management report.
- Review sales funnel participation metrics by managers, sales reps and others on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Collaborate with Data Analytics team to create and manage Sales Rep Performance Scorecards.
- Collaborate with sales and administrative staff to reach and maintain Cashman's desired level of customer data quality or CQI (Customer Quality Index).
- Collaborate with Data Analytics team to perform company coverage studies and analysis leading to the appropriate sales coverage changes.
- Coordinate and lead training including on-going support of CRM as it relates to people, process, technology and information.
- Serve as the liaison between Sales/Marketing managers, IT, and related vendors for CRM platform.
- Validate and process change requests (additions, edits, deletions) with integrated applications.
- Process requests to establish new sales rep with sales numbers and territory assignments.
- Present weekly project task updates to marketing manager and marketing team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Collaborate with team for strategy and execution on sales promotions and targeted programs.
- Collaborate with team with all stages of event management from conceptualization to execution (internal & external).
- Assist with scheduling and guiding facility tours.
- Provide all materials on completed tasks in a timely fashion.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Communicate effectively and actively seek and provide feedback.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day. by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Deliver Cashman's "Best Customer Experience" for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
- Maintain and build upon relationships with internal and external customers.
- Effectively participates as part of the team, assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient computer technology skills, including ability to utilize company authorized software.
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strict attention to detail and data input accuracy.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field desired, or equivalent work experience.
- Data analysis and database management experience a plus.
- Prefer experience or exposure to lead generation or sales (inside or outside).
- Ideal candidates have a business development mindset that focuses on lead generation and opportunity development.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 1-4 hours a day, and/or sit 5-6 hours a day.
- Occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, squat and climb.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment.
- Occasional visits to remote work locations with exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust and dirt.
- Valid Nevada driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Occasional overnight travel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)