up to £22k including Shift Bonus
Purpose of Job:
To carry out duties to daily analytical requirements and to gain knowledge and expertise in analytical chemistry to produce results to preset targets under the guidance of the chemist/Laboratory Supervisor.
All duties to be carried out in accordance with our clients policies, Health & Safety and Environmental policies and the client's accreditation and quality systems.
- To develop good laboratory techniques and manipulation skills.
- To ensure that work is carried out in a strict conformance with instructions, established methods and quality standard.
- To calculate and ensure results are understood and, when directed, checked.
- To gain knowledge of methods or preparation or analysis and to be able to follow them accurately under the supervision of the chemist.
- To learn and apply safe working practices, and to develop a full understanding of the application of the COSHH regulations.
- To learn and apply the role and importance of UKAS and ISO 9001:2000 in the Laboratory.
- To ensure that equipment is efficiently and effectively used, and where directed, maintained.
- To ensure that good housekeeping and a clean, safe and tidy environment is maintained in the Laboratory.
- Other duties as directed by the Laboratory Supervisor.
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- Degree, A Level or GCSE (grade C or above) in Any Science
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate with Company personnel at all levels.
- Skill to work to a satisfactory level of mathematical accuracy.
- Ability to prepare and analyse with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work in an organised and disciplined manner.
- You must live within a 15 mile radius of Witham
Please be aware that this position works on a rotating shift pattern basis:
- Hours: 6:00am - 13:00pm (rotating to the following)
- Hours: 13:00pm - 20:00pm