St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The IT Portfolio Manager for Consumer Technologies is a staff position responsible for systematic management of consumer facing IT investments, projects, and activities designed to serve our patient's, families, and communities within the St. Luke's Network. The IT portfolio manager for consumer technologies is a leader in understanding and identifying market trends and consumer needs ahead of the market curve and quantifies IT investments within the consumer healthcare vertical. With coordination with other IT portfolio managers, this role enables measurement and objective evaluation of IT investments and their fit within the overall strategy for St. Luke's University Health Network (SLUHN).JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for the cumulative IT related business value delivered by their assigned portfolio(s).
- Leadership of assigned IT/Business portfolio(s).
- Quantification of value and prioritization of IT investments within assigned portfolio(s).
- Portfolio risk management of assigned portfolio(s) in serving the objectives of the Network.
- Portfolio(s) alignment with Network business objectives.
- Jointly with the IT Business Analyst team track the short term (current FY) and long term value of assigned portfolio(s), reporting out regularly to IT and non-IT management stakeholders.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, including strong conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to turn findings into executable business plans.
- Partnered with the IT TBM team fully understand the portfolio(s) TBM profile and be able to recommend adjustments for increased value to our patients and the Network.
- Ensures business leadership and staff input is properly represented in all decisions regarding assigned portfolio(s).
- Manage the entire solution life cycle within assigned portfolio(s).
- Stays current with all developments internal to St. Luke's or within the industry related to areas represented by assigned portfolio(s).
- Active member in the portfolio governance process.
- Partnering with appropriate IT and non-IT management along with other IT Portfolio managers facilitate the overall plan and strategy for assigned portfolio(s).
- Obtains input as appropriate and advises IT and non-IT stakeholders regarding portfolio related questions and decisions.
- Responsible for ensuring data driven decisions on portfolio strategy, specifications and execution
- Mapping of established initiatives/services to SLUHN strategic objectives/direction.
- Assessment of requested initiatives and their fit within the overall short and long term strategy of the assigned portfolio(s) and organization
- Continuously focuses on building strong business relationships and serves as a key strategic partner with ongoing connections.
- Financial management of applications, systems, and services within the assigned portfolio and impact on the overall IT and Network budget.
- Aligns with IT resources management, Innovations, and Strategy teams to ensure continuity of overall IT strategy and direction.
- Regular report out to IT and appropriate non-IT management regarding KPIs and BLI metrics for assigned portfolio(s).
- Consistently works to ensure complete transparency regarding the content and direction of the portfolio.
- Ensures expectations are clear for all stakeholders and receives adequate sign off for approved initiatives.
- Work effectively across cross-functional teams to reach a common goals.
- Escalates portfolio related issues to IT senior management.
- Working with the Business Analysis and Budgeting teams, ensure responsible fiscal management and forecasting within their assigned portfolio(s).
- Drive continuous improvement within assigned portfolio(s).
- Engages with cross-functional business leaders to objectively analyze the organizations ability to foster & adopt change.
- Bi-annual updates to IT all hands on the state of the assigned portfolio.
- Facilitating portfolio reviews to identify redundancies, gaps, and investment needs
Sitting for up to 7 hours per day, 4 hours at a time; standing for up to 7 hours per day, 4 hours at a time; walking for up to 2 hours a day, 1 hour at a time. Seeing as it relates to general, near, color, and peripheral vision. Hearing as it relates to normal and telephone conversations.COMPETENCIES
- Deep understanding of the consumer technology market space.
- Understands the technology eco-systems in relation to the consumer technology market space.
- Ability to maintain and build relationships with multiple IT, non-IT, and vendor stakeholders with the ultimate purpose of solving problems, breaking barriers, and expediting project performance.
- Understanding of IT portfolio and financial management.
- Experienced in communicating to C-suite level executives and leading major IT portfolios and initiatives for a $1B+ organization.
- Understands the Voice of the Customer.
- Experience developing presentations, instructional, and procedural documentation
- Proven success working in a structured IT Governance environment.
- Ability to work and have been successful in matrix / cross-functional team environments.
- Effective in identifying and managing risks related to initiatives under portfolio management leadership.
- Ability to adapt quickly to direction change and still meet pre-agreed objectives.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to switch between strategic and tactical thinking
- In depth knowledge of IT services, financial management processes, and best practices such as budgeting, cost allocations, capital & operating expense handling, program portfolio management, and application/infrastructure support.
- Understands how and when are the right times to escalate.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple levels of management and staff across the organization, 1-on-1 or in team settings.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, and proven ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization is required.
- Possesses the commitment, initiative, drive, and energy to continually improve and enhance IT portfolio processes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to listen.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven experience in building successful partnerships with business and technical groups
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent experience; MBA a plus.TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years of IT experience as an analyst, lead, or equivalent position is required. Some or all of the experience in the Healthcare consumer technology space is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a team environment and an ability to work independently with little oversight is required.
- 2 years of IT Portfolio Management and/or IT Product management or marketing experience preferred.
- 2 years of Business Analyst experience preferred.
- 2 years of hands-on experience in project/portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and/or budgeting experience preferred.
- ITIL and/or PMI certifications desired.
- Familiarity with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is a plus.
- Supervisory or management experience a plus.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.