Internal Audit Intern - Boston, MA
Boston, United States of America WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Internal Audit Summer Internship role will provide the intern with an opportunity to participate in audits and gain a stronger understanding of the audit profession within the Banking industry. The primary function of the Auditor is to execute basic audit testing as part of internal audit reviews and activities. They will perform testing in a timely manner, ensuring all audit quality and client relation standards are met.
This 2023 Summer Internship is a 10-week program for undergraduate students who have an anticipated graduation date between December 2023 and May 2024.
The application deadline for this position is Sunday, October 23, 2022.
This internship position is located in Boston, MA. Before applying, please keep in mind that our internship program does not offer any relocation assistance. To learn more about our summer internship program and the activities included, please visit Essential Functions:
The intern will be engaged in the model review audits performed to evaluate adequacy of Bank's quantitative models and model risk governance. Specifically, the intern will perform the following tasks:
Conducts review of development, validation, implementation, and ongoing performance monitoring across different types of models.
Uses guidance provided by industry standards (i.e., Basel, Federal Reserve) and Bank policies and procedures to ensure quantitative methodologies used for models are consistent with best practices.
Reviews model development and implementation codes.
Documents the model reviews and testing in accordance to relevant audit standards.
Validate management's corrective actions to address audit findings and regulatory gaps.Requirements:
- A Masters student with an expected graduation date between Fall 2023 Spring 2024
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above, with a major in Finance, Accounting or related business field
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Strong analytics and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Eager to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Attention to detail
- Availability for entire internship program
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work in an environment that supports employees from all backgrounds and fosters an environment of inclusion.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.