UUV Information Assurance Specialist - 52604
Are you looking for a professional opportunity at a place you can have influence every day? If so, discover this great Information Assurance UUV opportunity located at Sercos Newport, Rhode Island location. Bring your expertise and collaborative skills to make an impact towards our military defense and safety of our sailors by discovering your new role supporting this critical mission.
Serco supports the US Navy as a prime for the Autonomous Maritime Systems Test Center (AMSTC) Engineering and Technical Services contract which supports defense work on Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUVs). Our team upgrades, maintains and manages the hardware and software systems of multiple UUV platforms and undersea weapons systems to ensure the safety of the sailors and to allow them to perform their missions successfully.
You will be part of a twenty plus member team that collaborates closely with the customer and other Serco teams to deliver quality systems. The team has been recognized by the Navy and industry for their outstanding contributions to the contract and program.
In this role, you will:
- Support the development, operation, and maintenance of a variety of complex technology systems applicable to UUVs and torpedo systems.
- Be involved in the implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines, and procedures, as well as conducting vulnerability audits and assessments.
- Participate in the design of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits and provides recommendations for application design.
- Use encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research.
- Participate in the design and development of new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
- Help to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Participate in integrating new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designs cyber security architectural artifacts, and provide architectural analysis and relate existing system to future needs and trends.
- Embed forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, provide engineering recommendations, and resolve integration/testing issues.
- Participate in the creation and enforcement of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines, and procedures), and maintain documentation, procedures and working instructions in accordance with federal and departmental guidelines.
- Review logs and reports and interpret the implications, as well as participate in investigations into problematic activity and assists with plans for appropriate resolution.
- Assist with proposals, including gathering facts, analyzing data, and preparing project overview which compares alternatives in terms of cost, time, availability of equipment and personnel, etc.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- Comply with applicable quality and security procedures in the performance of duties.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
Required Education/Professional Certifications:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of demonstrated experience administering Linux and Windows systems
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to start.
- Demonstrated experience configuring and maintaining Linux and Windows systems
- Have experience with the virtualization of systems (VMWare ESXi)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience supporting Active Directory, Group Policy, and DNS
- Demonstrated Skills in three or more of the following: Linux Red Hat, MS Windows Server 2016, Server 2012-OS, driver, applications, vulnerabilities, security requirements and postures, quarterly STIG updates, interact with corporate and vendor SMEs to solve complex problems, RMF experience, ACAS scanning, build and maintain Linux Systems;
- Experience documenting trouble reports from STIGs to support computer equipment modifications.
- Desired experience with cloud computing
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure
- Cloud Virtual Network Knowledge
- FEDRAMP and GOVCloud Knowledge
- Ability to function as a team member and independently
- Conduct routine and emergency maintenance of assigned data center equipment
- Communicate/coordinate scheduled preventive maintenance windows with potentially impacted customers
- Collaborate and contribute to the development, administration, and testing of backup and recovery plans
- Must have Security+ certification or DoD 8570 Level II equivalent
: An active DoD Secret clearance is required to start. Applicant selected may be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit:
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: or call the HR Service Desk at , option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email .
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).