Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment
matters.Every day, approximately 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.Position Summary:
Completes ongoing security tasks assignments including new and break/fix requests such as changes related to network and systems security. Conducts security operations tasks including responding to alerts and assessing the need to escalate issues for immediate incident response processes. Participates as a member of the team with multiple project assignments with associated deadlines. Knowledgeable and capable of completing tasks for complex security technical tools. Working knowledge of the three domains of security: confidentiality, integrity and availability (i.e. including but not limited to HIPAA Security).Accountabilities:
Complete security ticket assignments that may be related to incidents and work orders. Complete tasks with a high level of independence.Maintain and monitors system logs and alerts in core detection tools including the Security Event Information Management system and related systems. Respond to alerts and detection technical tools that might denote a security intrusion or incident. Respond to incidents and is capable of assessing levels of risk to information technology assets including, equipment, data and personnel.Participate on security improvements projects with might include new security tools and techniques. Provide assistance to other members of the Security department and ITS department at large as may be needed for multidisciplinary projects or activities.Position Responsibilities:
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the ability to escalate to senior Security Engineering staff or management as may be required.
- Identify cyber security risk and take proactive action to prevent security breaches including assessing network anomalies and notifies management of potential high risk concerns.
- Provide assistance to other members of the Security department and ITS department at large as may be needed for multidisciplinary projects or activities.
- Complete ongoing and annual training assignments for continuous personal and professional development in order to stay abreast of technical security best-practices, as well as emerging threats and vulnerabilities.
- Share knowledge with other members of the Security departments and cross trains others in areas of personal expertise.
- Perform audits as requested of all systems for regulatory compliance.
- Participate in the H3W and LEAN process to improve workflow and customer satisfaction with Information Security.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related field and/or a relevant combination of education and experience required.
- Additional cyber security and IT/Network related certifications preferred.
The Information Security Engineer II exhibits the following qualities:
- 2-3 years related experience in a corporate IT security environment required.
- Healthcare experience in medium to large health systems preferred.
Excellent technical, organizational and project skills, capably of operating under pressure and able to lead by example a team that may also be under pressure (i.e. complex incident response).
We take great care of careers.With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment