At VolkerFitzpatrick we are seeking to recruit a Health & Safety manager to work on a major scheme for the onshore infrastructure and civils works for a wind farm located off the North Norfolk coastline.
This role will include facilitating compliance with legislative, corporate and other requirements in relation to Health and Safety and assisting in the co-ordination of all activities related to the implementation, development and maintenance of the Safety Management Systems (SMS). Key Accountabilities
Skills & Experience
- To ensure that the requirements of the SMS are being applied on site and administrative offices for the business, by means of periodic inspection, audits and meetings.
- Monitoring and facilitating compliance to the SMS and the requirements of BSOHSAS 45001
- To provide information, training and instruction and task-specific advice to operational and managerial personnel.
- Training and induction of staff into the documented safety management systems.
- Raising health & safety awareness and responsibility throughout the business.
- Co-ordinate and complete internal health & safety planning meetings, inspections and audits for the business.
- Contribute to the review and revision of health & safety policies, plans, documented procedures and forms.
- Facilitate the production of health & safety related performance information, including but not restricted to corporate and health & safety objectives.
- Promote innovation and continuous improvement.
- Support the Health and Safety Director in achieving corporate, legislative and other requirements.
- Relevant health & safety experience in Construction / Civil engineering..
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health, or equivalent
- CSCS card holder.
- A qualified internal health & safety auditor with demonstrable experience of completing internal audits. Lead Auditor status beneficial but not essential.
- An understanding of the requirements of BSOHSAS 45001 and experience in facilitating registration surveillance visits.
- A working knowledge of current and impending health & safety legislation
- Good presentation, written, analytical and IT skills.
- Training and presentation experience throughout all levels of an organisation.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to guide and educate/train at all levels
- Self-confidence to build strong working relationships internally and externally.
- Demonstrable achievement in a similar role
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits About Us
VolkerFitzpatrick is one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK and provide specialist building, civil engineering and rail expertise to a range of markets to provide a truly integrated service to clients. We possess proven experience and deliver successful projects in a wide range of industries, including commercial, industrial, education, rail infrastructure and depots, airports, waste and energy.
Our teams of skilled and dedicated staff work closely with our clients to understand their requirements and objectives to deliver quality projects that are innovative, sustainable and exceed expectations.
Of upmost importance on all our sites and projects is the safety of our 850+ employees, our subcontractors and the communities in which we work.
VolkerFitzpatrick is part of VolkerWessels UK, a multi-disciplinary construction and civil engineering group operating across the UK in six operating companies.