Pathology is at the center of medicine, and is undergoing a profound transformation as the final frontier of digitization in healthcare. We started Proscia to accelerate pathology's transition from microscope to images, and to use that data to change the way we think about cancer. We can't change medicine alone. That's why we're looking for curious thinkers. Big dreamers. developers, evangelists, pathologists, and scientists. Exceptional talent to help us use great power for good and advance humankind.
At Proscia, we push the limits of medicine and technology, solving problems the world has never solved before. We build software used by thousands of scientists and pathologists, who work on the front lines of fighting big enemies, like cancer, for patients around the globe. To accelerate our vision, Proscia has raised $72MM in funding from great investors like Highline Capital Management, Triangle Peak Partners, Alpha Intelligence Capital, Scale Venture Partners, Hitachi Ventures, Flybridge, and more.
About this Position:
Proscia is a Philadelphia based Healthcare SaaS company, seeking a Global Payroll Specialist. The ideal candidate will be a payroll specialist, who will roll up their sleeves and be a key team member as the company executes on both immediate needs, as well as the longer long-term goals of the organization. This person will be a member of the Operations team, reporting to the Head of Finance, and will also work closely with HR, to ensure accurate payroll, benefits and tax withholding functions. This is a great opportunity for a candidate who can work in a fast-paced environment with a growing workforce and provide high quality work product within a cohesive team. We are building a world class organization, and we are having fun doing it - you will see your work have an immediate and tangible impact every day at our dynamic, growing company. The position will be based in Philadelphia with a hybrid working pattern and may be asked to have a full-time office presence when appropriate.
As the Global Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the payroll functions for the company both in North America and in Europe, eventually building a global team.
- Maintain alignment of Bamboo/Trax HRIS and Payroll within the objectives of the Finance and HR teams.
- Process domestic payroll and international payroll including management of international PEO's and expense reimbursements.
- 100% timeliness and ability to develop processes for managing regular adjustments.
- Detail review of payrolls prior to processing to ensure accuracy.
- Help launch new subsidiary payroll systems to drive international efficiencies.
- Understand and work within domestic and international tax and social security landscapes.
- Manage tax withholding portals login, account numbers, etc. and third-party administrator access, both domestic and internationally.
- Implement practices to deliver effective data tracking and global reporting capabilities.
- Design and maintain accurate documentation and process manuals for all payroll processes.
- Manage payroll inquiries from employees, respond in a timely manner and resolve discrepancies.
- Create and maintain a risk log with resolutions for change management issues.
- Provide information for compliance inquiries.
- Manage this work individually today and to build and manage a team as we grow.
- Other operations duties as required
- Min 3 yrs experience leading domestic and international payroll functions within a global organization.
- Experience with international employment agreements and working with PEO's.
- Experience working with HRIS & Payroll systems, outsourcing and vendor management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized and diligent with the ability to effectively manage multiple high-priority projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a knack for communicating information in a way that others can understand easily.
- Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing.
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for the Proscia's mission, and eagerness to become a part of our collaborative, friendly, and dynamic team.
Beyond Just Work
As a company in the healthcare field, we want our people to be happy and healthy, in and out of the office. In addition to competitive pay, we ensure everyone on our team is supported with savings, schedule, and insurance options that promote long-term health and personal growth.
Our office environment is designed for creativity and agility: with walls as notepads and couches for collaboration. We're located in the heart of Philadelphia, with views of the city atop the train station so you can spend your time focusing on what matters most. Yes, we have the free food, gourmet coffee, and wellness rooms -but you'll come for the challenge, the camaraderie, and the opportunity to do bold work.
At Proscia, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Proscia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.