Under general supervision performs cash handling functions and serves customers in cafeteria and/or coffee shop.
- Promotes customer service and building rapport with customers in cafeteria/coffee shop.
- Sets up cafeteria/coffee shop for service.
- Stocks cafeteria/coffee shop to maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Operates cash register in cafeteria/Coffee shop.
- Checks all transactions/food orders (content and portion size).
- Maintains cleanliness of cafeteria/coffee shop.
- Performs case close out procedures always following established procedures.
- Assures timely service in cafeteria/coffee shop.
- Chops, slices, peels, food items for special order foods.
- Functions as grill cook if needed.
- Adheres to all BHS safety, sanitation, and HACCP standards.
- Assure all foods are correctly label/dated/rotated when handles and put away.
- Transports food to other areas as needed.
- Operates, cleans, sanitized dishes and necessary equipment.
- Sweeps/mops areas of the department.
High School Graduate or equivalent
1 year food and/or customer service experience. Preferred:
Certified Food Handler based on city/state requirements.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Job: Food Service/Preparation/Dietary
Primary Location: San Antonio, Texas
Facility: Northeast Baptist Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days