WWC is seeking an early-career financial technician for a contract with Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command Mid Atlantic (NAVFAC MIDLANT) to serve in a position in Norfolk, VA. The ideal candidate would have a working knowledge of day-to-day budget execution activities in a federal financial management office and works well on a team. The individual hired from this announcement will support the tasking for Public Works Business Line.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Conducting reviews of funding documents for accuracy, legality, and compliance with regulations.
- Extracting accounting data from records and financial systems to prepare and analyze reports.
- Researching material and contract charges, updating files, and correcting errors in accounting systems.
- Reviewing invoices and statements, analysis and reconciling of journals or subsidiary ledgers of accounting systems.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone and printers) and /or occasional Loud noise (airfield, large equipment).
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to sit, stand, talk, and hear.
- Employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer.
- 0-20% / Occasional travel.
WWC Global, a Pequot company, is a tribally-owned firm providing management consulting services to U.S. government agencies.
At WWC Global, our employees are the embodiment of our success as a firm. Our team is comprised of a tenacious group of diverse professionals located across the globe. It includes military veterans and spouses of active duty troops, former federal employees, policy experts, academics, attorneys, and technical and business experts, all of whom share a strong work ethic and the skills to succeed in both collaborative and independent environments. WWC Global is invested in the long-term success of both our clients and colleagues for the right reasons. Our dedication to putting good government into practice is underpinned by a merit-based culture that measures success by productivity and credibility.
WWC Global will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants who are unable to utilize our online application system due to a disability. Please send your request to WWC Global HR at .
WWC Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate based on age, race, national or ethnic origin, gender, veterans status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected class. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.
WWC Global's Affirmative Action Program is available to any employee or applicant for employment for inspection upon request, to the extent required by federal regulations. The Affirmative Action Program can be accessed during normal business hours by making an appointment with WWC Global HR at .RequirementsBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years of Finance/Accounting Experience.
- Ability to favorably pass a federal background investigation.
- At least one year of related accounting, budget or financial management experience.
- Experience planning, analyzing, organizing and coordinating financial data in order to resolve problems, recommend solutions and draft process improvements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Organized self-starter.
- Strong work ethic and keen attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills, influencing abilities, and client focus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using all Microsoft Office applications.
- EO 14042, the vaccine mandate for federal contractors, is enjoined and not currently being enforced. Should enforcement resume, applicants must understand and agree to comply with the order and related guidance.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. WWC Global will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Working knowledge of the PPBE process including budget exhibits/docs.
- Experience in DOD and FMR accounting procedures.
- Experience in government contracting.
- Knowledgeable in the DON reimbursable order processing and invoice/voucher.
WWC Global offers a competitive benefits plan including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance