Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.Job Summary
Job Summary: All employees are expected to be knowledgeable and compliant with Palmetto Health's values of compassion, dignity, excellence, integrity and teamwork. In addition, this job also constitutes the primary financial support staff for its designated service lines and departments. Under minimal supervision, this position will prepare financial and business related analyses, perform research on business performance, and prepare forecasts and analyze trends in finance as well as general business conditions. Utilizing PC and/or network based systems and software, this position will compile and prepare reports, graphs and charts of data. It will assist in the development of business policies, conduct special financial and business related studies and cooperate with other departments in the preparation of analyses. This position will know and apply fundamental concepts, practices and procedures related to departmental operations. It will work collaboratively with Service Line Directors and Vice Presidents on an on-going basis and on projects as identified. This position will also support managed care impact analysis and clinical pathway monitoring. This position will work closely with finance and information systems staff to maintain technical competency. This position must be able to advise the business unit director on financial and business matters, and be able to support requests for analysis and information by the business unit staff and leadership to meet deadlines. Must be able to organize resources and lead projects as assigned by departmental leadership. Interaction with managers, department directors, administrative staff and other hospital and vendor personnel is necessary. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, hospital accounting, cost accounting, principles of Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, electronic spreadsheets, the hospital's information system, and the Trendstar decision support software are essential. The ability to lead and manage projects from beginning to end, to concentrate upon detailed information for extended periods of time, to communicate effectively, and to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects with distinct and often competing deadlines, are critical. Initiative, perseverance, a positive attitude, collaboration and teamwork are also characteristics that are key to successful performance. Accountabilities
- Assists in the efficient development of annual department budgets and coordinates the capital budget process for related areas of responsibility.
- Develops accurate financial projections to support new programs or services.
- Actively supports business and strategic planning efforts.
- Monitors and analyzes budget and staffing variances.
- Appropriately identifies revenue and expense opportunities and develops service line and multi-disciplinary solutions and recommendations.
- Provides effective information, consultation and advice to all levels of leadership.
- Develops accurate profitability analyses as needed.
- Accurately identifying trends, variances, and key issues through data analysis.
- Analyzes and interprets financial and operating information appropriately.
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive. Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field required. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an Accounting or Finance related field with a minimum 2 years' experience in Financial Analysis. Experience in Healthcare finance preferred
None required; CPA, ACHE and/or HFMA certification preferred. In Lieu Of The Above Minimum Requirements
N/A Other Required Skills and Experience
Financial analysis experience in revenue cycle, cost accounting, project finance and capital investment. Proficient in healthcare business processes and system preferred. Microsoft Office proficiency required with emphasis in Excel and Word. Experience with Trendstar decision support software is a plus.Work Shift
Day (United States of America)Location
1333 Taylor St BaptistFacility
1520 Baptist HospitalDepartment
Administrative and General
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.