ANSER enhances national and homeland security by strengthening public institutions. We provide thought leadership for complex issues through independent analysis, and we deliver practical, useful solutions. ANSER values collaboration, integrity, and initiative and we are client focused in all that we do. Because we were established for the purpose of public service and not for profit, we measure our success in the impact of our service. JOB DESCRIPTION:
ANSER is seeking an Intermediate Business Intelligence Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). The OCIO develops and maintains a single, DHS-wide Information Technology (IT) infrastructure environment that is reliable, accessible, and secure, ensuring operational excellence from the workstation to the data center to the mission application. The primary purpose of the position is to provide advanced, highly technical and proficient Performance Management and Business Intelligence Support DHS Headquarters (HQ), including performance management, business intelligences, business analysis, performance management system design, performance monitoring, performance analysis, performance reporting, project management, financial analysis, and administrative support to develop and mature Performance Management and Business Intelligence services.
The Intermediate Business Intelligence SME
will be responsible for the following:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Assist in reviewing contract Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Service Level Objectives (SOOs) and Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans (QASPs) to identify, monitor and report performance metrics.
- Assist in drafting and writing SLAs, SOOs and QASPs for existing contracts and planned procurements to support the Government in managing, monitoring and report performance of OCIO contracts and program areas.
- Perform service level analysis and survey oversight through assisting with establishing and integrating performance measurement processes into the organization for quality of services, customer satisfaction, continuous improvement and primary ITIL function areas.
- Provide performance measurement and data analytics services that will help mature customers business intelligence capabilities.
- Collect and cleanses data from various data sources and as needed, design and implement data collection systems or relational databases to store datasets and ensure data quality.
- Use advanced analytics capabilities such as pivot tables, v-lookups, if/then formulas, charts/graphs, and statistical tools to organize, analyze and visualize data accurately.
- Design scorecards or dashboards, within 7 business days of receiving requirements from the customer, using visualization and self-service business intelligence analytics software such as Tableau to make analysis interactive and to distill complex analyses into meaningful insights and conclusions for executive audiences
- Communicate process improvements and reengineering recommendations and assessment impacts to OCIO staff, coordinate necessary approvals, and coordinate with OCIO staff to implement changing business process which may include organizational realignments.
- Relate current business practices with business processes within the public sector best practices environment.
- Coordinate between multiple project teams to ensure enterprise-wide integration of reengineering efforts and training in new processes as needed.
- Design a 508 compliant, SharePoint-based, Performance Management System (PMS) managing the performance metrics, performance reports, service level agreements, contract data, modifications, requisitions, acquisition documents and Spend Plan funding for approximately 700 OCIO contracts, task orders and Inter-Office Agency Agreements (IAA).
- Author, develop, and write highly technical and user-friendly deliverables, including but not limited to, Executive-level briefings, dashboards, white papers, project plans, requirement documents, briefings, forms, surveys, memos, talking points, testimonies, reports, meeting minutes, manuals, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and other program management deliverables.
- Minimum of 4 years of Business Intelligence or IT System Development Experience.
- BS/BA degree.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust.
- Candidate must provide documentation to substantiate fully vaccinated status against the COVID 19 virus.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with ANSER, please call or e-mail .
ANSER is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek individuals from a broad variety of backgrounds with varying levels of experience who have a desire to do meaningful work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.