Research & Development Req ID:
321534 We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability and resilience. Are you passionate about creating new possibilities?
We are seeking an Energy Risk Manager (Consulting) who will be primarily responsible for working on the assessment of front-, middle-, and back-office processes, and tools used in energy trading operations. The individual will also be involved in the development and execution of energy commodity risk programs and providing thought leadership for portfolio optimization and commodity risk management (hedging) strategies. It's your role, here's the part you can play:
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- Conduct interviews of clients from front-, middle-, and back-office functions to get a thorough understanding of the trading and risk management processes, controls, and tools in place
- Assess trading, risk management, and back office processes, controls, tools, software systems, and risk metrics compared to industry best practices and recommend improvements.
- Analyze portfolio positions, exposures, and risk metrics and assess if they meet the limits in risk policies.
- Simplify complex topics, craft compelling presentations, and write insightful reports to document findings and present them to clients
- Be proficient in Monte Carlo Simulation techniques and stochastic approaches to asset valuations, risk quantification, and hedge strategy evaluation
- Contribute to the growth strategy for the consulting practice in the areas of energy portfolio optimization, energy trading and risk management through though leadership, and business development
We've got a lot to offer:
- Minimum of 7 years in the power/energy industry
- Minimum of 5 years of consulting experience in the areas of energy trading and risk management with strong focus on front-, middle-, and back-office process and controls assessments
- In-depth knowledge of US power and natural gas markets, strong quantitative, and financial modeling skills required
- Strong client facing, consulting skills, including excellent written, oral, analytical, and presentation skills required
- Bachelors degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering or other Applicable Technical Discipline required; Graduate degree (Masters and Ph.D.) in above disciplines a plus
- MBA Finance a plus; Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation a plus
- Experience with Matlab, Python, SQL and statistical applications a plus
- Has the ability and willingness to travel (approx. 20%)
- An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications)
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Siemens is recognized as being a top employer for diversity, sustainability, innovation, and technology. Check out this link ()
Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow!
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: Organization:
Smart Infrastructure Company:
Siemens Industry, Inc. Experience Level:
Experienced Professional Full / Part time:
Full-time Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here () . Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here () . California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here () .