Are you tired of your current job?Are you looking for a permanent role in electrical maintenance?Are you looking for a generous pension and way above average holiday days?Are you looking to join a leading institution with world-class facilities?
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
What would I be doing?
- Maintaining and reviewing the maintenance program across different buildings and grounds.
- Executing the identified works on a day-to-day basis and supporting the out-of-hours emergency service.
- Supporting the design of electrical maintenance works around the site.
- Implementing changes to the design and development of service processes.
- Provide expertise and support with the planning of maintenance services.
- Responsible for managing planned preventative maintenance, reactive and minor works.
- Keeping records, working within budgets, and processing jobs.
- Management and control of specialist contractors delivering electrical engineering maintenance and minor works services.
- Maintaining records and managing health and safety risks.
- Ensure reliability, longevity, and safety of equipment and systems.
- Promote and foster collaborative approaches to problem solving and project implementation.
- Motivate, mentor and coach less senior team members.
- Act as a point of contact for service colleagues and stakeholders to interpret and resolve infrastructure and technical problems.
- Updating asset schedules and putting maintenance plans in place.
- Retaining records to inform future planning and budgeting.
- Make decisions, problem solving and using analytical tools and protocols to deliver project and service objectives.
- Collaborating with other specialists to deliver consistency with service delivery.
- Schedule, manage and monitor maintenance and installation works, projects and work schemes.
- Liaising and communicating with a range of people for efficiency and delivery of goals.
- Providing status reports
- Risk management and contingency planning.
- Develop, modify, and maximize procedures in line with changes to legislation and other things which may affect current procedures.
- Monitor KPIs and manage contractor performance.
- Develop and improve the rules and procedures around the site.
What you'll need to succeed
- Participation in an out-of-hours management on-call rota.
- Work some evenings and weekends, as business needs.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships.
- IT skills including the use of MS office suite.
- HNC/D in a building services/engineering-related discipline (or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience of working in an electrical engineering maintenance role.
- Sound technical knowledge in the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of electrical engineering building services.
- Experience of working in an electrical engineering maintenance role in highly serviced buildings.
- A good understanding of high voltage distribution/networks.
- Experience of managing maintenance or minor works projects budgets.
- The ability to develop strong and productive working relationships.
- Experience of managing staff and contractors.
- Ability to solve problems, plan solutions and make practical decisions.
- Experience of delivering and developing specialist services for buildings and estates services.
- Ability to deliver minor works projects including preparation of specifications and cost estimation.
- Health and safety management and compliance knowledge.
- Experience of implementing policies and procedures.
- Experience of offering specialist advice and guidance.
- Collation of information and producing of clear and effective management reports.
What will I get in return?
- Salary of £34,304 - £40,927 + call out fees and shift allowance
- 30 days annual leave + 4 customary days + 8 bank holidays (options to purchase additional leave are available)
- Generous pension scheme.
- Corporate and local discount schemes.
- Wellbeing sessions and discounted health benefits.
- Gym, sports and activities discounts at a local resort and spa.
- Reward schemes.
- State of the art facilities and world-class training opportunities for personal and career development.
How do I apply?If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.