Pertemps are recruiting for a full time EHCP Officer to support the 0-25 SEND Statutory assessment team within Plymouth City Council. The successful candidate will be responsible for writing, Education, Health and Care plans, based on an analysis of statutory assessment advice, including school, medical, educational psychology and parental information.Your duties will involve;
- Education, health and Care plans are drafted to ensure that all children with identified SEN have access to appropriate support within their educational placement in accordance with Education Act (1996) (20%)
- The Single Multi Agency Panel (SMAP) is attended by and advised by EHCP Officers to ensure that provision for all SEN pupils is fair, equitably and allocated in a transparent manner (15%)
- Parental representations and the voice of the child are listened to without recourse to legal/tribunal routes via named officers/disagreement resolution services/parent and young people independent support services. All are required statutorily and EHCP Officers represent the Local Authority in all instances (15%)
- Offer on-going advice and support to parents/carers, other professionals and schools regarding EHCP Support and statutory assessment procedures, either individually or presenting at conferences. Also formed working party to produce local authority guidance and documentation on supporting SEN children within their mainstream schools (20%)
- EHCPs are reviewed annually or in exceptional circumstances when a pupil faces exclusion to ensure continued access to appropriate education for SEN pupils. EHCP Officers either represent the Local Authority or Chair meetings for the most challenging children and young people (20%)
- Alternative educational provision is established for the highest needs and challenging SEN pupils within Plymouth by working closely with parents/carers, senior officers, Head Teachers, and finance departments (10%)
Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the postYou will be educated to degree level in a relevant area e.g., Education, Health or Social Care. You will need to understand SEN legislation, Code of Practice and Disability Discrimination in Schools. Knowledge, understanding and commitment to the principles of inclusive education is also a must.This role is approved until 31 March 2023 initially, working on an agency basis via Pertemps Recruitment. The hourly rate for this role is £17.82 per hour and is paid weekly. This role is for 37 hours per week, working Monday to Friday.Please click Apply to submit your cv for consideration.