SPS Commerce is seeking a Business Analyst
join our growing Trading Partner Development team! You get a mix of two worlds in this role with exposure to the business side of life at SPS by working with our clients, and the tech side working with our internal engineers. The Business Analyst will be responsible for the development of SPS products and services for a territory of retailers. This will include initial design/build, ongoing changes, and bug fixes, as necessary.This role can sit remote anywhere in the continental USDoes this sound like you?
- Youre familiar with EDI and understand how data flows
- You have a reputation for being highly collaborative, and youre accustomed to working cross-functionally. This includes your ability to operate both horizontally and vertically throughout the organization.
- Youve acquired a strong business acumen and business intuition. You can apply your learned insights into quickly and accurately identifying issues and being able to distill and prioritize the risk.
- You can blend the art and science of how people, process and technology need to be balanced to elevate the solution and aren't afraid to get into the details
- You thrive on the thrill of solving complex problems
- Growth never stops for you you love to learn new things and seek to improve
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers, and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process and our tech products. We have the worlds largest retail network, and we dont just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources, and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers dont just grow here, theyre made here.What is the day-to-day like?
In this role the Business Analyst (BA) will directly contribute to a range of design-related activities, including validating requirements and determining intended retailer business data usage. The BA generates an internal retailer-specific design artifact and ensures its appropriate interpretation through the development and testing process. This person is evaluated on team contribution to productivity, adherence to deadlines, and impact on production dataflow. The BA translates retail requirements to a defined standard to deliver products as required by vendor or retailer implementation programs. In this role the BA builds rapport with the development team while working to increase project efficiency through effective internal and external human and technical resource utilization.
What experience and skills do you need?
- Determine business requirements through consultation with external customers and translates these into SPS canonical language. Design and maintain retail-specific products for vendor communities through a combination of analysis of retailer and industry requirements and interpretation of EDI strategies and execution of service
- Oversee delivery through the mapping, testing, datacenter setups, connectivity, regression testing, and any additional retail-specific data (e.g. location information)
- Collaborate with others, both within and across the company (especially vendor implementation and retail implementation teams) to support SPS Commerces strategy and process
- Oversee all technical aspects of a projects delivery regarding development and meeting the overall project plans and timelines
- Serve as the design lead and primary technical contact for team projects, including facilitating all necessary communications internally and with the retailer
- Report on key metrics and maintains quota as defined by productivity targets, due date delivery, and minimal production impact
- Act as an employee mentor (formally or informally) and is responsible for identifying and developing employee strengths
- Ensure consistency of products. Exhibits the ability to view each task holistically based on potential impact to multiple products, customers, etc.
- Conduct timely ongoing maintenance and bug fixes of team product
What experience is preferred?
- Bachelors degree and 2 years of business experience, with a strong technology understanding or 5 years of experience without a degree
- Experience working with EDI
- Project Management and client relationship experience
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Supply Chain Management experience
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
EOE including disability / veteran