Purpose of the role
You will be joining the National People Development team, with a particular focus on supporting the administration and coordination of our professional training programmes, ensuring our office-based teams adopt a consistent, firmwide approach within the framework of nationally agreed policies and processes and taking responsibility for supporting, advising and guiding employees, managers and partners on all aspects of the trainee lifecycle. Whilst the role will be based in one of our offices (to be agreed), you will provide support to trainees, managers and partners nationally.
The Firm has in excess of 1,000 employees and 80 Partners, with approximately 300 of those employees engaged in an apprenticeship/formal training programme leading towards a professional qualification, therefore the role and client base is varied and fast paced.
This role requires someone who is able to work to multiple deadlines, manage their workload efficiently and to be fully committed to the administration role within Early Careers Development. The role requires outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and professional communication, both orally and written. The successful candidate needs to work with their own initiative whilst possessing a collaborative approach.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be the first point of contact for all trainee related queries from the office-based teams, escalating with other members of the team, where necessary
- Provide administration support covering the entire training life cycle from training relating to onboarding through to the professional studies and other programmes facilitated/delivered by the team, as required
- Ensure all relevant training records are maintained accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure the training trackers/database are kept up to date with relevant change information, ensuring training records and learning plans are well maintained and changes are effectively communicated to trainees, their managers and third-party training providers
- Ensure the national training policy is adhered to by departments across the firm and a consistent approach is followed by all departments
- Work with the Early Careers Recruitment team to plan ahead for graduate / school leaver intakes and ensure onboarding and training plans are prepared in advance of key deadlines
- Attend and contribute to regular monthly meetings with the regional/office administration leads and managers, as appropriate, to ensure all trainee information and planning is well maintained and up to date.
- Attend and input into regular 12 weekly review meetings with apprentices, their talent coach and potentially line manager.
- Answer queries from the business specific to the apprenticeship scheme, and other trainee matters and ensure compliance matters are kept on top of
- Continue with personal professional development, especially in regards to knowledge of accountancy and taxation qualifications, the apprenticeship scheme and your own progression
- Ensure all emails/booking requests etc. are actioned in a timely fashion
- Produce simple reports and manipulate training related data
- Travel to the different regional offices as required
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working within professional services and an understanding of Accountancy/Tax training pathways is desirable, but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of working with apprentices and demonstrable understanding of the requirements of the apprenticeship standard would also be desirable, but not essential
- Excellent administrative skills and experience, with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable customer service skills
- Able to analyse information quickly and respond as necessary
- Collaborative - able to work well with a range of people
- Driven and focused approach on delivering the best possible results showing determination, resourcefulness with a sense of purpose
- Ethical approach to managing data. Understanding that you will be handling sensitive people related information, therefore exercising discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Fully IT literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Excel, Word and PowerPoint