In this newly established senior position, you will have overall responsibility for defining, delivering and embedding growth strategy within the organisations data practice. This includes developing the organisations data analytics and information roadmap, data governance controls framework whilst leading on the data and analytics agenda for the business. You will collaborate with all data centric business areas, including IT, Data Science, Finance and BI - driving improvement in associated tools, technologies and methodologies in order to gain best value from data.
The successful candidate will have demonstratable experience implementing data strategy in a cross functional business environment, with a track record operating and influencing at a senior level.
Selection of responsibilities:
- Successfully articulating the value of the organizations data strategy and data products - highlighting the key benefit and business value of an effective data services framework
- Lead the data services team to ensure the provision of high quality, fit for purpose, efficient and cost-effective data services which meets the requirements of, and delivers benefits to the business
- Using your expertise in the development and delivery of data-driven products, relentlessly pushing for innovation to deliver best in class tools & applications to support data strategy objectives
- Create and embed an effective information and data governance policy
- Develop and govern an Enterprise Data Roadmap to include internal processes, data management and analytics
- Work with data quality leads to Implement a cross functional data quality framework encompassing data standards, controls, and associated metrics for all dimensions of data quality
- Establish robust governance to facilitate oversight and development of holistic MI
- Promote data quality across the Group
- Assume the position as trusted partner with key business stakeholders to focus on the customer, enterprise risk management, regulatory compliance and financial MI
- Align business and data analytics strategies to maximize value through strategy development, demand management, portfolio management and regulatory & risk planning
- Utilise knowledge of data security, privacy, and compliance to serve as a trusted advisor to leaders to architect, mobilise and launch data delivery constructs
- Analyse and articulate data insights through key data visualization tools to create data flow processes and presentations to drive key operational & customer centric strategic decisions
Selection of skills & experience:
- Extensive experience devising and delivering data strategy within a cross functional & regulated commercial environment
- Excellent communicator who can interact with internal stakeholders, external partners, and relevant regulatory agencies
- Strong influencing and communication skills, demonstrating the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders and using the value of effective data strategy to influence accordingly
- Drives through ambiguity to deliver desired outcomes
- Strong understanding of data privacy law and regulatory requirements within the UK
- Proficient in data classification for security, usage, protection, and enterprise communication
- Strong leadership experience (within a senior data services management role), with the ability to inspire and support others, and drive people to succeed.
- Excellent people management skills with 7 years+ experience.
- Effectively drives changes, and has a history of delivery with the ability to champion the need for an evolving data strategy
- Excellent understanding of an IT systems, Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data Governance environments
- Demonstrates passion, proactivity and enthusiasm and wants to learn and make a real difference.
- Excellent collaboration skills, and can bring teams together, influence change, demonstrate benefits and gain buy-in.
- Continuous improvement mindset, challenging current processes to discover and deliver new ways of working.
- Determined, and self-driven with a passion for innovation and a strong can do/positive attitude
- Strong understanding of operational risks and control frameworks.
The successful candidate will join an established FTSE business offering an exceptional working environment (Investor in People Status), hybrid working and comprehensive L&D / career opportunities.
Remuneration: £120,000 - £150,000 + corporate package.
West Midlands HQ, typically 1-2 day per week onsite commitment.
Please apply in confidence for full job specification & company details - all applications are strictly confidential.